How to get kief out of a grinder?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by SantiagoDunbar420, Jan 5, 2014.

1. #1 SantiagoDunbar420, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    I have a two piece grinder that has kief caked in it from months of use. I've gotten what I can out by freezing, scraping, etc, but there's still some in there. Does anyone know a way to get all the kief out? I'm thinking something along the lines of using a solvent to completely clean it, but idk if I could get the kief back after that... anyway all suggestions are appreciated

2. Cut a credit card down to a nice shape

3. ? I don't get it

4. #4 Sghetti nButter, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    Your thinking is along the right lines. Get some 91%-99% isopropyl alcohol, pour some in both the pieces of the grinder. Then pour that ISO through a coffee filter onto a glass plate and let that evaporate. Give it awhile, make sure it's all evaporated and scrape your excess kief off the plate.It's not the healthiest extraction, but if you want to not waste what's left in your grinder, this is the answer.

5. Cut a credit card into a guitar pick type shape. 

6. that's exactly what I was looking for thanks dude

7. thanks for the suggestion man but the point was that I've scraped all I can out, what's left is in awkward places around the teeth that can't be scraped, or is just caked on too hard to scrape off. 

8. I just let it build up and it transfers into the weed, you will only get so much keif it'll just get mixed in with the bud.

I've had the same grinder about 2 years now, never been cleaned, if it gets hard to turn I just push really hard together and force it to turn and keep doing this until it turns quite freely.

I've got a new one in the post though :), I just thought it was pointless cleaning a grinder as there's never going to be much.

ohhh i get it. lol

forget about it, thats what I do.  that much can't be too effective, ya know

10. yeah I know what you mean, I just want to clean the grinder so it'll grind better but i hate wasting any THC lol even that small an amount so I figured i there was an easy way to get it out and keep the usable stuff why not