how to get kief from bottom of peanut butter jar?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighHaze, Jan 20, 2010.

1. i've been storing my weed in an empty peanut butter jar and there is kief galore at the bottom of it, but my fingers cant reach it to swipe it up. i need something that can assist me in reaching the bottom of the jar while still being able to preserve the kief at the bottom :confused: any ideas???

2. Butter knife?

3. Scrape all the kief off the sides and bottom so its all in one pile then tip the jar upside down and smack the bottom of it into a bag or something.

4. Put it in the freezer for awhile. It will fall right out. I like to put my grinder in the freezer with a coin in center compartment to knock all the kief to the bottom.

5. Freezer, flip it over onto a sheet of paper, hit the bottom a few times.

When you lift it up there should be a circle of kief on the paper, fold the paper and pour it wherever.

6. thanks, i got most of it out this way. i'm ver conservative when it comes to weed let alone KIEF, and there is still bits though :(.......i'll accept my losses
    smacking only does so much
    yea i do that with the grinder too, will try next time.

7. Put the lid on, bang it around as hard as you can then unscrew the cap upside down?

8. i've already done what banging can do..... without breakin the glass at least. there is just some stuck to the actual glass which gravity cant help

9. wait ur pb comes in glass? damn.

fuck it if your that conservative with it then break dat glass.

10. Usa rubbing alcohol and a clean brush or some sort of scrubbng device, let it evap for 24 hours and youll have a nbice little collection

or try a rubber scraper spatula thing i dunno what else you can do man

11. haha i actually thought about that
    that would work, but i prefer a method without the whole evaporation process

12. Gee good idea, lets all encourage the OP to smoke his kief with tiny bits of broken glass! Weee!

Uhh why not just scrape at the bottom with a butter knife or somethin? (edit: that freezer trick probably works too)

13. Gee good idea, lets all encourage the OP to do something he already did! Weee!

14. My sister's an art student, so I relocated one of her small paintbrushes for cleaning my smoking tools. I'd use a combination of the freezer and my brush while holding the jar upside down over a piece of paper or a plate.

15. Flathead screwdriver?

16. *note to self- dont store kief in penut butter jar

i have a grinder that stores it for me, i thought that was hard enough:p

17. spoon or spatcula..

is it really that hard to find something??

18. Butter knife.
    Letter opener.

That's what I try to use if I feel like fiending and scraping all the dust on the bottom of my glass basil jar I keep my buds in.

19. dudeee i totally got an awesome idea! how about you smash the glass at the top leaving half a smashed jar and your kief in the bottom! Don't worry about the glass cuz i smokd lotz of kief tht wy nd i is fine! apart frm da glass cutting ur throat when u toke! god i is a genious sumtyms!

I made this post for the lulz ok?

20. paintbrush would work but i dont have one
    butter knife works much better and it wouldnt get as much as i want to get out of it
    yes it is that hard because i literally want every last bit of kief in this damn jar and its pissin me off