How to get ideal temperature and humidity for drying

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Foxymel, Apr 14, 2019.

1. So first, I’m at my limit for spending any more money so while I’d love to go buy an ac for marijuana purposes it’s not happening. I think I’ll be ready to harvest in a couple of weeks so I’m trying to get prepared for the drying and curing stage. My problem is I’ve read the temperature should be between 60-70. I’m okay with getting the humidity low enough. I have no idea how I’ll get the temps down that low. It’s not like I can turn the AC down that low. I was thinking I’d use my veg tent for drying. Any advice that doesn’t involve me spending more than $25? I know there’s some people here who will say you will get crappy weed if you don’t buy this and that. Any advice about how I can get temps that low?

2. I don't know what to tell you because the most important part of drying cannabis is controlling the drying rooms temperature so that you don't let most all of the very beneficial myrcene terpenes evaporate away... Myrcene terpenes slowly begin evaporating away at 66F, so its best to keep the drying room temperature below 66F so as to not lose much of the very beneficial myrcene terpenes. But to many that is only important if you are growing bud that will be used for medicine. Why I say that... because most people who grow commercial, and grow specifically for the recreational market will purposely dry above 68F, because at that temperature and above they are able to evaporate away most all of the myrcene terpenes which they don't want so much of in their recreational buds because less myrcene terpenes in buds, equals, a less sedative and anxiolytic effect in the resulting high.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If your handy and a DIY you can find an old water cooler that chills water or an old but working mini fridge.

Use that as your cooling unit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’m really just growing for myself and will share with a few people. I chose Sativa Dominant strains because I don’t want the more sedative couchlock high. I like the more uplifting head high. So maybe that will work in my favor.

• Like Like x 1