How to get good seeds?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by GiM420, May 10, 2017.

1. Just an update on my order. Only had one seed out of 22 not germ. They are now outdoors in the shade Hardening off :). I do miss walking into the seed store and picking out what I want from the display case lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #22 Yashas, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Well I just popped 1 seed from the seedsman order, a speed bud auto, and that failed to germ. So I now hope that this seed is the 1 out of 22 in my case!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. My autos are directly in to the final pot. Germinating them directly in potting mix. Planted 5 before this the same way and all of them broke dirt. Not this one though

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm a paper towel guy even though it's a method that's given to many dangers lol. I broke one of the taps in a GG auto, let them go to long, doubt it will survive. I have real shitty luck with just putting them in soil, not sure why :(.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lol. To each his own luck. I personally don't like the idea of handling tap roots and all using paper towel. Also I am very clumsy in such things. Just popped in a white widow auto yesterday. Hopefully this one breaks dirt

6. I agree that it far less risky but I've been doing it for 40 years lol. And yes if left to long it's gets real tricky :(. I just seem to have better germ rates.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'll take some pics of the babies tonight, the one that I broke actually seems to be growing all though not sure how lol

• Like Like x 1

8. Ohh dude. Be careful with VPN. Most of the providers have serious tunnelling issues and top dogs there sells your data to commercial parties or give it away to legal bodies. Forwarned Forearmed. Here's the critical comparison of those vpn service reviews

• Like Like x 1