How to get germinated seeds to sprout about soil?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by oddpuertorican, Nov 22, 2009.

1. All 8 of my seeds have successfully germinated. How do I get them to sprout about soil? I currently have 3 plants in flowering but I forgot how I got them to sprout. Correct me if I am wrong. Arent you suppose to have a lot of Humidity so shouldn't I put my germinated seeds in a styrofoam cup and just tape a plastic sandwich bag over the top to keep in the moisture and humidity up and put them under my 400watt MH bulb.

Or should I just put my germinated seeds in a styrofoam cup and just tape a plastic sandwich bag over the top to keep in the moisture and humidity up and put them in a dark room and wait for them to sprout before I put them under a 400 watt MH bulb.

Thanks GC I appreciate all the help.:D

2. i normaly do the cup thing with cling fil and put them on a warm radiator, good luck

3. no need to stick em under HID until they've sprouted

4. So as long as I just keep it on something warm they should sprout without using the HID

5. correct. just check 'em often and light em up when they sprout. They don't need light to break the surface. I love plants :D

6. So what method do u prefer using? Do you keep them in a dark room? or what?

Appreciate the Help ipack and sticky! :smoking:

7. lol. Okay thanks ipack thats all I needed to know.

8. I would usually germinate by dropping the seeds in water, waiting until the seeds sink to indicate viability, then sow them about 1/4 inch in good soil that I had previously watered and let drain. I put small baggies with a few holes poked in them over the top of the initial pots to keep humidity up, because of where I was growing at the time, it got cold, so I put the pots under 2 small wattage compact florescent bulbs for the sole purpose of keeping the heat up. If sown in soil, light or dark doesn't matter all that much in my experience, I've never failed to sprout a seed that sank in the cup of water with this method. happy growing brother:wave:

9. u usualy do the paper towel method but with a diffrence i use some sort of plastic container with a lid i spray the paper towels place they seeds spray them then another layer of wet paper towels and put the lid on the container and put it on a warm raidiator i let the temps hit 90.f and humdidity at 100% and with in 24 hours they have all cracked then i put them into mu medium about 5 mm deep then put cling film over the tops of my 3inch x 3inch pots and put them back on the warm radiator and within 48 hours they have sprouted... good luck