Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to get full effects off edible?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by YoseBCmiteBudz, Oct 4, 2013.

1. What's up blades. I'm somewhat at a loss right now.

A few weeks ago I ate an edible on a full stomach about 1 hour or so after eating. About 5 hours later it finally hit me but it was already hella late so I just went to bed.

Last weekend, I ate another edible on an empty stomach and it never hit me, period.
    What is truly the BEST way to consume an edible and get it's full effects?

The reason I'm making a new thread for this is because a few threads have said to eat a bit before and a few have said to eat it on an empty stomach.

Thanks!

2. I would not advise eating it on an empty stomach. I tired that once. Without even thinking about it, I ate a brownie first thing in the morning for breakfast .  I had a long car ride ahead of me down to California. I was so sick, I puked the whole way there. It was awful. That has never happened to me before.

The best thing for me is an hour after a very light meal . The problem I have is I never know the strength of the edibles. i am experimenting now with store made dispensary edibles. They have the dosage on them . After trial and error, I know my dosage now.

3. People say it makes it stronger if you use bud overall on an empty stomach but Granny posted some research that proved that rather when your stomach is digesting food then it makes it easier for THC to absorb into the bloodstream, I don't remember the study but I'm sure you could ask her for it. You'll get sick maybe too like Oregondaisy said. 

(Anecdotal) Make sure to decarb the weed before putting it in the edibles it converts THCa to THC and makes it capable of being cooked into alcohol or oils or butters. The easiest is coconut oil, it has the most important fats to absorb the THC and is a nice liquid to deal with.  Decarb at around 250-275 for 15min.  Others say at 300 for 5 minutes and there are people that claim to put it at 225 for 30min, I've had the greatest success at 250-275 for 15min. Fahrenheit of course, could you imagine?  After decarbing it in the oven on a sheet pan on foil or just on the pan either way works, I usually put it in a jar then wrap it in foil and put it on the pan to prevent any smell from coming out but the place just ends up reeking anyway, I digress then cook your now activated bud into the oil or butter of your choice for your selected edible, search the right temperatures for what liquid you're cooking it into to get exact measurements and maximize THC absorption. 

4. Thanks guys. + imaginary rep to both. I actually did find the thread where Granny posted the science behind eating a meal and waiting about 45 minutes to eat the edible after making this thread.

It's literally amazing how many other forums I've seen that say to eat it on an empty stomach but they can't even prove with science that that's an efficient way of doing it. But GC knows what's up.

5. Pretty much anything Granny posts is worth reading, she is the best of the best and has more knowledge than I could ever dream to have.

6. Granny is right. Empty stomach best. Once you feel it. Have a small meal.

7. Yeah, figuring out your dosage is really important, and then making sure your edibles are consistent in size to maintain that dosing.

As for edible on a full/empty stomach, anecdotally I can say that my high comes on quicker and more intensely when I'm on an empty stomach; but it also is shorter lived this way.

8. I thought it was posted that Granny advised to eat first as it's better absorbed while digesting other food.

9. if you are making them yourself, you can control almost everything about it, the only limitation being ingredients on hand/bud. if you are buying them, always take caution and split it into 1/4's or halfsies.

mmm nutella firecrackers...