How to get a speeding ticket reduced?

Discussion in 'General' started by iregisor, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Hey guys. I got court tomorrow for a speeding ticket. It's my very first ticket and while I was speeding I wasn't driving crazy and it was more just with the flow of traffic. Being as it's my first ticket idk how the court process works. I am fine with pleading guilty but when would I get the option to ask for a reduction? Or would I have to speak up about it?

I live in the bay area in California.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Plead no contest for community service or something you can do easily.

3. I'd be more worried about points on your license. How many miles over were you?

4. Well I was 82 in a 65 so it's only 1 point and I can do traffic school.

5. Does it cost more for traffic school? and is it worth the stress you're gonna have from it? they might just throw it out, just hope the cop doesn't show up.

6. idk who u have to blow but i no there's someone

7. show up dressed like this :

[​IMG]

and plead to being cool. then throw out "eeeey" and try the thumbs up.

8. you have to do traffic school if you get a ticket? thats harsh

9. the meme is funny but you gotta work on your timing bro

[​IMG]

10. #11 Eric111E, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
    You dont have to, do if you do then no points will be added to your license, but you can only take the class so many times in a lifetime.
    I dont really understand why your going to court over the speeding ticket? Just take the class and pay the fine. Unless you think you got a legitimate argument on why you dont deserve the ticket. But you say your pleading guilty so I dont see the point

11. You can try going to a autogarage...ask them to calibrate your speedometer...it could be off by a few MPH

12. And bring some donuts for the cops when you go to court. Cops love donuts.

13. I only pay tickets if I agree I was wrong, or if where i got it is too far away and not worth driving back to just for a court date.

14. Barge in 30 minutes late, blow past the bailiff, go right up to the judge, push whoever's there aside, rip up the ticket in front of him and throw it on the ground. Then yell "I pay your salary BOY! Now pick up this mess!"

Guaranteed to win. :cool:

15. Too epic for my unepic ass lol.

Anyway I went in and got it all figured out (I didn't have court, I had to make an appearance at the court house :/. Sorry I'm an idiot lol.

But basically I just have to fill out a thing explaining my reasons for a reduction and then yea, a judge will decide if I get it or not. After that I go to traffic school and yea.

Also @ the meme, you're an idiot, like honestly there wasn't a better thread somewhere else to post that? Because 1 paragraph doesn't seem to difficult to read imo.

@eric111e why wouldn't I try to get it reduced? lol if it saves me a few dollars than it was worth it. If not then oh well.