Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to get a license in MI?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ihaveathumb, Nov 5, 2008.

1. points well taken,everybody has there own reasons and if the doc says you qualify,then so be it,i personally think that mj being illegal is ridiculous anyway.I mean a well known fact of the amount of people that die every year from alcohol is ridiculous and that is one of the easiest drugs to obtain,nobody dies from mj.

2. It seemed that he was agreeing with me and a couple others. I don't think he meant strictly people who deal with pain (at least that wasn't my original stance).

I (and I believe he) was just stating that people that have no health issues should not abuse the system because there are too many people who worked their asses off trying to get medical marijuana laws passed. And the issue is, we just don't need people abusing the system.

That is one of the arguments that many people use against legalizing medicinal marijuana, that everyone is going to pretend to have some health issue just so they can legally get a hold of weed.

3. This is defintly going in the right direction but I agree with bank404, it sucks...lol

I dont see many other things in there that alot of people have that mmj can cure. For me I have a hard time sleeping. Unless im dead fuckin whipped i cant sleep without a few tokes from the bong. Yes I have tried a number of sleeping pills but after a few months my body gets used to them and i have to get on stronger sleeping pills which cost me more money. I think they should have added insomnia to that list....

4. Thanks greenhead your right on,like i said i think it is ridiculous that is even illegal, i feel god put it on this earth for medicinal and also for our enjoyment.

5. Does any one have any incite on obtaining MMJ card in Colorado?

From what i've heard they are pretty lenient, I suffer from insomnia and migraines i've dabbled with various pills but found nothing to compare to mj's wonderful qualities especially for sleep deprivation.

What is the best way in approaching a doctor to stress the need for mj and not just another pill without seeming like an addict. :smoking:

The migraines i suffer are mostly the result of concussions from rugby, but i lack the medical history to prove this (never went to the hospital)

Appreciate any help!

PsXtreme b-town represent!

6. This thread is about Michigan, not Colorado, so please make you own thread if you have any questions!

7. Well, let me put it like this. If you honestly believe that your medical condition warrents the use of Medicinal Marijuana, than just explain than to your regular doctor. With this law finally passing, there should honestly be no shame/fear in speaking to your doctor. That's why it is crucial for patients to have the doctor-patient relationship prior to this law, so that these types of questions or concerns can be asked comfortably and in a secure, private setting. Inquiring about Medicinal Marijuana shouldn't be something you hesitate about anymore in these states, if you think you have a legitamate reason for asking. Remember, the relationship between you and your doctor is confidential, so bring it up anytime you want; LEARN WHERE YOUR DOCTOR STANDS ON THE ISSUE. Now, if your medical condition doesn't neccisarily meet the requirements of your states law, (i.e., Michigan law explains that the medical condition must be a dehabilitating disease or symptom. Sleeplessness, I don't think, should count for this IMHO.) I, for one, respect this law and am grateful it has finally passed, and I'm not looking to encourage abuse of the system, but if you honestly believe your medical issue warrents reason for MMJ use, then the only thing you can do is man-up and ask your doctor.

Just my two minute soapbox rant.

8. Yes. Be considerate and polite and by all means take this in with you http://medcannabis.googlepages.com/doctors it has the points of the Act that protects patients/doctors against any kind of recrimination.
    They may not agree, they may not give you a recommendation, just be respectful and you might be surprised.

9. hey I posted along time ago in this and just finnally asked my doctor for a referral and got it for neuropathy and gouty arthritis so its in the mail-wish me luck and if anyone is in grand rapids area and wants a sympathetic doctor let me know and ill send you his way :hello:

10. Congrats! Sure wish they would legalize it for depression..

11. I got my License from a place in Michigan. They took care of me from my very first step in the door. I've been other places before but these people seemed to know what they were doing and made the entire process seem painless. Anyways im sick of hearing the horror stories all the time about people getting ripped off and such, so heres the place i went, they will def take care of you . Its called First Natural Wellness, i believe they're also open every day in case you have plans or something like that.