How to get a good seal on exhaust fan going out of tent?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Ibn Vapin, Feb 3, 2019.

1. How did you guys go about making sure your exhaust fan had a good out from your tent? Did you just run a piece of ducting from your fan to the exhaust port, and cinch down around the ducting, or did you do something else?

2. Yeah that'd work too :D

3. currently, in my veg tent, i just use a smaller booster fan for exhaust and i don't even use any ducting or anything. I mounted it in the side hole (of the tent) and pulled the drawstrings tight so it holds it there.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Why seal?

5. If I had an outside building or something like that, I wouldn't mind that at all. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of setup yet, so I like to try to keep the smell under control as much as I can because prohibition. Duct-tape might end up being the solution though, at least a temporary one.

6. Keep air I'm trying to push out of the tent from shooting back into the tent. So need a decent seal so that the air is pushed out.

7. I assumed you had negative pressure, sorry:blush:

8. More or less, I do, if I'm thinking of what you're thinking of. My exhaust fan pulls in air through the filter and then pushes air out the exhaust port on my tent. Air comes in on some lower flaps on its own, that are designed to bring in cooler air from near the floor. I need to sorta plug the other exhaust ports in the tent(these Qubes have a ton of them), but for now it works pretty decently.

9. yes, I deliberately stated veg tent. Doesn't matter, my entire house currently smells like chronic :p
    I should just take that filter and chuck it

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah for sure, in a veg tent that'd be way less important. I've grown some though that were fairly dank during veg too though lol.I smoke enough fucking weed tho you can probably smell it out in the driveway lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Actually just opened the exhaust port hole on the outside a bit and that seems to have helped a lot...go figure >.>

12. Maybe ill take a picture of mine later. Im running co2 and 350watts strip leds temp stays at 83 and 84 degrees Fahrenheit with no exhaust
    Prolly shouldnt even have co2 for my first grow LOL

• Funny Funny x 1