How to get a career as a engineer in Colorado

Discussion in 'General' started by coolerking89, Sep 17, 2013.

1. I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

I am a mechanical engineer by trade and am a somewhat recent graduate (2011) from one of the top 5 regional schools in the north east.  I have established leadership roles (Co-Captain and Vice President of my university's sailing team) and am a self starter (own a landscaping business for 6 years).  After graduation I have worked in the medical industry for 2 years.

My friend has recently moved out there to work on his godfather's farm and it got me to thinking.  How would one go about getting a engineering job in the marijuana industry?  I have done some googling but have not been able to find anything.

I am very interested and motivated in pursuing this as a career since I believe it is the ground floor of a booming industry.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or ideas!  

Thank you so much!

Cooolerking89

2. Engineering isn't a full time job in the industry unless you get you company name out there. The company that fixes light fixtures? 

Idk i'm high but maybe an actualengineering job, and part time trimming or growing to get your foot in the door.

3. doesn't exist, however... i see a golden oppurtunity between you and your friend who has access to a farm, and you with engineering skills to make it work.... now just find you  dedicated hippie green thumb and your gold

4. I don't really see how engineering would work in the marijuana industry. Where do you see the ground floor of a booming industry? Outside of designing better lighting, and better air replacement? Sounds like you would be much more successful in your line of work just working for some company as an engineer, and anything you do marijuana-related would just be a hobby/side project.

5. You could design and build houses specifically for personal grow ops.  :confused_2: Lots of money investment involved though, I could imagine.