How to GAIN weight?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Burghy, Nov 25, 2014.

1. I agree with everything you said except for the steroids. That man eats clen and trens hard.

And for all the people saying "even if I eat more I can't gain weight" I GUARANTEE you are not eating as much as you think you are. Try for one to two weeks to track your calories and maintain an average. If you gain weight (1-2 lbs.) continue on. If you don't EAT MORE. Also, weigh yourself in the morning first thing.

2. True you have to force yourself first few weeks until you get used to eating more than the norm.

However i have to disagree on Lazar taking roids I've been watching the guy for many years. He eats and trains really well.

Result from training almost every single day for 15 or so years? Ofcourse you would get that way i don't know anyone that trains 5-7days a week for a decade straight.

3. I've been lifting weights 5-7 days a week for 5+ years. I'm not saying his physique is impossible to attain naturally; however it is highly unlikely that someone who makes a living off of anything physical fitness related (bodybuilding, powerlifting, physique model, NFL, etc.) is not on some kind of PED. He could be that 1% of genetic freaks that exist, but I just have to agree to disagree. On a lighter note it is nice to have a disagreement with someone on the internet and not be called a splooge filled cunt, so thank you for the politeness [​IMG]

4. At 6'3 I've always hovered around 155 if I don't lift or eat right. I used to eat fast food multiple times a day, every single day and still couldn't gain weight. About a month ago I completely cut out fast food and started eating whole foods (pastas, lots of sandwiches, eggs, meats, potatoes, bananas, yogurt and probably 1/2 gallon of whole milk a day). I started the stronglifts workout program and I have been gaining weight consistently along with keeping a low bf%. As everyone else said, just go lift heavy compound lifts and eat. I have been eating 3 meals anywhere from 700-1000 calories with snacks when I feel hungry (which is becoming all the time! ). I attached a screenshot of my body weight progress, I worked out off and on before but have been staying focused this time around. Good luck man!

Attached Files:

5. Reported

6. Calculate your TDEE. Eat more than that. Weight gain will ensue. Especially a diet laden in carbohydrates as these will be stored more readily by the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum