How to GAIN weight?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Burghy, Nov 25, 2014.

1. You want to gain weight???? Before I meet my wife I weighed 180, I'm 511. I was skinny and cut
    Add weed, a wife that feeds you, two kids and you will soon be asking how to loose weight
    Why you want to gain weight for?
    Not all bodies are the same. What is an ideal weight for someone of the same size as you, may not be idea for you.
    What you may want today, you may not want next week.

2. Protien and carbs? Eat large portions.

3. That's really interesting. Everyone wants to lose weight but want to gain. ha haha  ................

4. Eat everything in sight. I was 6'4 190 and in about a month got to 205. Definitely pretty dirty bulk, but it's a bulk.

5. So you think if anyone eat more he/she can be weight right?

6. #46 Jimmy Carter, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
    I dont think so. I can eat as much crap as I want but I never put on weght. I'm a steady 6'03" 150-155lbs, never changes..

More exercise is what I need at this point lol

7. I tried eating more and mildly working out the past few weeks. Lost ~3.5lbs. Been drinking more water than usual too. Did a certain unmentionable though and noticed it the day after so maybe it was that.

8. Just wanna share a delicious meal that can help you gain weight.

I dont have this down to a recipe but something like this

Soak 1/2 to 3/4cup oats in almond milk to a consistency that looks good to you

Add berries frozen or fresh

1/4Cup raspberries (lotta fiber)

1/4cup blueberries

1/4 Blackberries

Throw in some chia seeds or flax seeds if you have them.

Add real maple syrup until its tasty

Throw in some nuts, i like loading it with cashews and walnuts

Plenty of carbs, decent protein, decent fat (all healthy fats), loads of fiber, plenty of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants

And its freaking tasty, try adding or exchanging things until it is perfect for you.

9. Chocolate Milk never hurts . Great after a workout too.

10. That's absolutely right!

11. #51 willywagpole, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    After years of experimenting myself having a extremely fast metabolism it took me loads of tests to finally found what works.

3-5 days heavy weight training a week (You need to find a proper workout program or a personal trainer/partner to push you)
    (I followed Lazar Angelov's workout routine and did my own adjustments as time went by)

http://www.gymaholic.co/articles/fitness/lazar-ang...

Eat every 3-4hours put a reminder so you remember. The more you do this the more you will get used to eating and hungry every time its close to 3-4h without eating. (you have to force yourself at the start)

Purchase a weight gain powder or supplement depending on what your diet is 2-3 shakes a day and most important is 1 thick shake 1-2hours before you sleep to feed you while you sleep.

Use Calorie counter or something App/Website to help you keep track of your daily intakes.

Have a positive mindset.

I went from 65-75kg in 4months, Now that i stopped weight training and following this routine i average at 68-70kg.

45353251.jpg
    Note: Lazar has been training almost every day for the last 13 years or so without the use of any drugs or sterioids.
    Don't expect his results anytime soon.

Just remember your natural weight is your natural weight you will always find your way back to what you were unless you train constantly and eat well.

Never skip Veggies! Fruits and vegetables nuts and seeds you should be snacking on all day or in-between meals to provide optimal nutrition and performance to every cell in your body.

hopethishelps [​IMG]

12. Sunflower seeds are a great snack. Fiber, fat, calories, lots of vitamins, very inexpensive. I get planters without shells, $1.50 for 1020 calories, 36g protein and 12g fiber.

13. eat more meat fat and less processed fat.

meat fat is actually good for you, just not in massive quantities.

14. Idk if there has been a study or whatnot but IS your typical meat fat good for you? I can imagine a healthy animal free to roam and eat what its supposed to would be, but these animals fed unnatural diets like corn heavy diets?

15. I'm not gonna start on if meat is good for you or not but i will say always buy 100% GRASS-FED/Organic meat.

Unless you wanna eat shit that's been filled with antibiotics/growth hormones/GMO corn/soy and carcinogenic chemical junk.

Tip: From a huge guy at my gym that's been training for 30+ years he says Cabbage helps with slowing down your metabolism so you can gain weight easier.

HTH

16. Hmm i used to make entire meals out of cabbage with loads of butter and bacon. Never noticed a thing lol

17. hmmm makes me think sauerkraut

18. Buy meat from your local butcher shop, get a shitload of potatoes and bulk bags of rice. Buy fresh veggies too, whatever kinds you like.
    For breakfast, you can stick with good ol' bacon and eggs like me, toast/hashbrowns on the side, lots of milk, especially chocolate milk.
    Fruits like apples and bananas are good too. I also eat a lot of sandwiches for lunch, grilled cheese, turkey, ham, etc.
    Contrary to popular belief, eating well isn't that expensive. One of my favorite meals is ground beef with mac and a special cheese sauce. You can make enough for a week of dinners in an hour or two.

19. #59 willywagpole, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    Well yeah think of it this way..

Think of eating healthy as an investment to a longer more happier more vibrant life!

Who cares if Healthy foods are expensive is your health more important or money?
    When you get cancer money wont help you, Only knowledge will.

When you die all that money is down the drain.

Plus if you eat healthy you will get full with less food so its kinda cheaper in a way if you buy the right stuff.. Becuase more nutritional value gets you fed quicker.

Check this out
    organicvs.conventiona.jpg

20. You will gain weight as you grow older, don't rush it.