how to gain weight

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Senseii, Sep 27, 2012.

1. I'm about 6'2 150-160 my whole life I been under weight so what would be the best way for me to put on weight I want to be around 200 pounds

2. eat big lift big git big

3. Eat 1.5x the amount of food you eat now. Lots of calorie dense foods, get your proteins and fats.
    But don't forget your fruits and veggies.

Lift weights and keep your cardio limited to sprints or hiit.

4. Haha you think you are skinny? I am 6'1" and 116 lbs

5. [quote name='"Scar 420"']Haha you think you are skinny? I am 6'1" and 116 lbs[/quote]

That fucking is gross dude seriously no offence

6. 1. LOTS OF FUCKING FOOD. good healthy food! chicken is a staple for me. low fat high protein and cheap AND easy to prepare. drink like 3 tall glasses of milk a day aswell. shit load of protein in that aswell. some people drink a gallon a day but i think thats just to extreme

2. get a gym membership

3. lift some shit. have you ever lifted weights before?

remember: with a proper diet your results will be probably twice as fast

7. I do eat its just that I think I have a high metabolism n its hard for me to gain weight so that's what I really need help with. Thanks

8. [quote name='"Justin127"']

That fucking is gross dude seriously no offence[/quote]

I eat all the fucking time though. I exercise and everything but I can't put weight on

9. [quote name='"Scar 420"']

I eat all the fucking time though. I exercise and everything but I can't put weight on[/quote]

Is it a medical condition? I'm a skinny guy, but I'm 6 foot and 160 pounds..

10. #10 passthebilly, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
    Smoke a lot!

Lol I was underweight too before I started smoking, in the past few years I've gained like 30 pounds :hello:

Get an experienced friend/personal trainer for the first few workouts and then every few months if you don't know what you're doing.

Always go to the gym after high, it motivates me, it just makes "feeling the burn" more enjoyable imo. You will be able to push out an extra rep or two. Drink protein+weigh gainer shakes half an hour before and after workout. You will also find yourself eating half the fridge after your workout :cool:

11. I appreciate all the responses and help I have read about weightlifting and setting a schedule so I'm pretty good on that note but has anyone had experience with weight gainer?

12. [quote name='"Justin127"']

Is it a medical condition? I'm a skinny guy, but I'm 6 foot and 160 pounds..[/quote]

I've thought about going and talking to a doctor but i dont know

13. It's pretty much just carbs, in drink form. Get a supplement with half carbs half protein (I drink the cheap musashi bulk stuff). Try have the recommended amount in full cream milk half an hour before and after workout.

Edit: It may help to see a dietician and a personal trainer, but not really a doctor imo.

14. Oh yeah op lift heavy weights and eat a shit load of food

15. oh one more suggestion: try to go to the gym at the same time of the day everytime you go. before or after work both have there cons and pros. if you go before work you will be in top notch performance for lifting weights but you will be tired/crash at work first few weeks. going after work will make you feel less motivated to go to the gym(personally). oh but the reason for going at the same time of day is because your muscles will generally speaking the same level of tiredness or whatever for that day. say one day you beast out 9 reps and the next day you can barely do 4. thats not good for gains OR recovery. oh and dont over-go to the gym. 3 or 4 times a week of heavy lifting should suffice if you are doing workouts properly. any questions just pm me. i just found this section of grasscity haha i think i will be more active here now

16. Eat a ton of whole food and drink a gallon of milk a day for 6 weeks, if you dont see a major change than you arent eating enough food. If you do than you know its that simple.

If you have the $ drink a 4 pack of Ensure nutrition shakes per day (yes like for toddlers)... great source of added calories + 10g protein each and they taste amazing.

Oh and learn to deadlift properly, the deadlift builds muscle in places you did not know you had. You will not get bigger by doing bicep curls.

Good luck, eat up!

17. squat benchpress deadlifts powercleans are the MUSTS if you go to the gym. you can do dips and pullups and pushups etc at home usually if you rearrange some furniture. you can do curls if you really want but they are 98% aesthetics and not gaining any strength other then biceps. those first few workouts will use atleast half your body for each rep(maybe not). but you dont want to isolate a muscle unless it is seriously lacking

18. I'm 5 ft 9 and weigh 110 at most. I love how people say "eat more" like that is the solution to the universe. Since y'all apparently know so much, enlighten me on my biology.

Anyway, I eat 5-8 big meals a day and am on a 5 day work out plan. I can tone, but not bulk for some reason. Some people are just slim.

19. well it helps to count calories and not just say 5 big meals...if your stuffing your face with 5000 calories a day and still dont put on muscle then your not getting 5000 calories. mind posting your routine aswell?

20. Do you eat pure garbage and processed crap? Or is it good whole foods? If your meals are really big, you might not even be digesting all of the nutrients properly, especially if you're eating like 600 calories a meal or more. Look into that maybe. Get some digestive enzymes to help with the proper utilization of food.

Also, what workouts do you do? Five days a week is probably too much time at the gym.

If you're eating enough and doing the right exercises, like the big compound movements, then you should be gaining.