How to gain muscle mass in arms but also get a six pack?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Dankblower2639, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Ive been working out for awhile now, and im happy with results in my arms. But when I do ab workouts I never see any results. I feel if I do cardio then all the calories I consume will just burn off and my arms will not get bigger. My stomach expands but no abs appear. My normal calorie consumption is about 5,000 a day. I also take mass peak and carbo gain. So my question is how do I gain abs but not lose mass in my arms?

2. Your abs won't show if you're eating 5000 calories a day, even if you ARE doing cardio. To keep the size of your arms and make your abs show you're gonna have to take in a looot of protein and lower your calorie intake. Instead of doing cardio do fat burning workouts. You gotta at least get your body fat down to 11% for them to decently show. 9% for them to REALLY show.

Like grab two 50 pound dumbbells and do some walking laps around the gym. Or, at the end of every workout set a treadmil on the highest incline and walk for 30 minutes. Also cut out some of your carbs,

3. [quote name='"StimulateMyMind"']

Your abs won't show if you're eating 5000 calories a day, even if you ARE doing cardio. To keep the size of your arms and make your abs show you're gonna have to take in a looot of protein and lower your calorie intake. Instead of doing cardio do fat burning workouts. You gotta at least get your body fat down to 11% for them to decently show. 9% for them to REALLY show.

Like grab two 50 pound dumbbells and do some walking laps around the gym. Or, at the end of every workout set a treadmil on the highest incline and walk for 30 minutes. Also cut out some of your carbs,[/quote]

Thanks man, how much protein do you recommend? With the mass peak I get 66 grams a shake.

4. It all depends on your body weight. Say you're 155 pounds, then you'll need 155 grams of protein.

So lots of protein, less carbs, less calories.

5. Alright, will do thanks

6. You are eating too many calories a day, take it down to like 3,000 a day. Do lots of different ab exercises too.

7. do dead lifts, lots and lots of dead lifts... they work out your entire body. the more muscles you work the more calories you will be burning. also you will have to watch your diet and count your calories, you do not want to be taking in more than you burn if you want to get cut.

8. getting a six pack is more about cutting calories and watching your diet, you gotta burn that layer of fat off to see your six pack. doing ab exercises just makes those muscles larger... it doesnt burn that many calories for what youre doing though.

9. Your arms won't get tiny from burning some fat off...

Just keep up with the protein and youll be fine.

Oh and don't neglect your back or legs.

10. #10 hoobustank, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Squats are important