How to fix cracks in a bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by INeeedMoney, Feb 27, 2012.

1. My friends bong has a few cracks in it. Nothing big, but it slowly leaks, and over time it will definitely get worse. Can the cracks be patched with gorilla glue or mighty putty or something like that? Will it be unsafe to smoke after the glue dries? Any advice?

2. and is there any glue that would do the job while being safe and tasting fine?

3. lhs might fix it for you. or sand the crack and put some glue there. don't know if it'll be strong but it would stop the leaking

4. Glue is a very very bad idea, you didn't specify whether or not the piece was glass or not. If its glass you can buy a torch and heat the crack up and the glass should fuse back together. I bought a B.C. off CL with a hairline in it and worked like charm.

5. Don't use glue use like silly putty

6. #6 INeeedMoney, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
    Yeah its glass, my bad I forgot to specify, and i have no idea where to get a torch. I guess ill try the silly putty. Would mighty putty work? It's long lasting and meant for repairs unlike silly putty. Think it would affect the taste of the smoke?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkuReA-AGa8]Billy Mays Mighty Putty Commercial - YouTube[/ame]
    rest in peace billy

edit:i just watched the commercial and i feel like i answered my own question, that shit looks like it would work well.

7. plumber putty right on the outside... you dont need to spend extra on "mighty" putty. go to home depot.. little tub for like 2 bucks.