how to fix bong with very small hole/crack?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by reowin, Dec 13, 2018.

1. i have a v ery expensive inlin e straight tube bong that has a very small hole/crack in the downstem joint on the outside of the seam ive tryd tape and hotglue it works but the tape falls off when it gets wet or after a few days and hot glue falls off when i use hot water to clean it and i dont know any glass blowers if i did im sure they could fix it in less than 5 mins since the hole/crack it so small

the hole/crack itself is very small but it leaks water im triyng to figure out the best way to fix this

heres a picture of the bong and where the small crack/hole is

[​IMG]

2. glass epoxy - Google Search

Use epoxy made for glass brah.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. should i buy fiber fix total repair glue with uv light or loctite glass glue?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Its pricey, but this is the stuff I used to bond glassware in the lab.....

DAMMIT --- won't let me post an amazon link.....
    search AA-BOND F113 on amazon.....

Good stuff --- be sure to clean WELL with acetone or hi% alcohol. Its really thin, so watch out....
    Perfectly safe once cured....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Personally I would only consider having a glass blower fix it or some kind of fix that doesn't involve anything with chemicals and stuff like that. But it's your decision.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. yeah i decided i dont want to use glue but i still need to find something safe to use to fix it its such a small leak though its pissing me off

7. Without using glue(epoxy) you only have the option of a glass blower. Anything else you try will not work, because well its glass and water.....

8. Definitely dont put glue where you smoke, smoke local glass blowers fix pieces by putting them in a kiln so it mends back together. Might want ti tey that

9. A friend had the same issue.. not this bong tho

he found happy-ness at an auto shop.. that repairs windscreens and cracks ..lol

good luck

10. Thats a great idea --- those guys have some kick ass glass UV cure epoxies and the equipment to cure it properly. Gonna keep that one in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I would be hesitant to use any kind of glue/epoxy on something you smoke from. See if there is a glass blower in your area. It would likely be an inexpensive fix. Alternatively, if you cannot seem to find a glassblower, you might be able to find a local community college or art school that has a glassblowing class. If you reach out to them they will give you the name of the person that teaches. A student will do it for super cheap.

12. Throw it away. Epoxy or glass blower is your only 2 options. There is nothing else that will work. There is no magical option that fixes it without chemicals or having a glass blower fix it.

13. Here's my entry into the recommendations,
    search for this,excellent glue that is,you guessed it,,moldable!

Amz has it.Some hardware stores carry it also.
    Sugru Moldable Glue - Original Formula - New Colours 8-Pack,

• Sugru is the world's first moldable glue that turns into rubber
    • 6-in-1 formula: fix, bond, cushion, replace, create and seal
    • So easy to use: stick it, shape it, it turns into rubber
    • Strong and durable: adhere strongly and securely across many surfaces and environments
    • Waterproof and UV resistant

14. Try a silicone gun maybe it'll work

15. He doesn't want to use any kind of glue or chemicals.........................

16. Two words

FLEX TAPE
    hahaha no I would just take it to a glass blower and see if they can put a little chunk of glass in there to seal it up. Or just melt it back together but would be thinner in that area then the rest. Talk to local headshop an see if they got any custom glass blowers that make glass for them. Alot of them do.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Glass blower or taget practice :GettingStoned:

18. #19 koruptyg, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    805 glass and Fishbone used to be renowned at glass repair. It might be overkill for you, but here are some examples:
    Gallery
    Mothership Glass Faberge Egg Opal Alteration

Was going to send him my broken Peyote Pillar but it got confiscated before that:( Can't remember if it was to fishbone or 805