Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to fix a grinder

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jennypenny, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Hey so my grinder always gets stuck when i grind up weed and i have to keep throwing it off my porch to get it back open. does anyone know how to re thread a grinder or fix it somehow? I already tried wd40 and it didnt work and i cleaned the thread so there isnt resin in it. Thanks!

2. if you cleaned it (got every speck of green leaves stuck either in the threads or on the sides where it connects) then i don't know what's wrong with it. i know how to rethread pipes with a tap and die set, but that's it. are you sure it's absolutely spotless, no green anywhere?

3. yeah its definitely spotless

4. maybe its just a big trichome buildup so it's sticky as fuck. try soaking the pieces in a bucket of bong cleaner or salt and iso. after a few minutes, rinse it a lot and then see if it works after drying it off. otherwise, your threads really are fucked and you're probably best off buying a new one. i can't think of anything else it could be.

5. yeah it sucks cuz its metal and i bought it only a month ago for $40

6. only a month ago? that's bs i'd be pissed. i had my first grinder for a year before i lost it and never had trouble if i kept it clean. next time, get a coffee grinder if you don't need it to be portable. or a spacecase, but that gets expensive.