How to fix a bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by CaiteeElizabeth, Dec 11, 2013.

1. So my month old $200 glass bong had an accident this morning. A stash jar fell off of the nightstand and right on the joint. It snapped off at the joint and broke the down stem, but the base is still in tact and the parts that did break are in big pieces, rather than shattered. Does anybody know an estimation of how much it might cost to get it fixed at a blower? Or if there is a cheaper way to fix it myself? Thanks in advance for all your help! I can post pictures if needed as well.

2. I dont know the cost of getting it redone at a blower, i assume not that expensive. But u would have to clean it because the blower probably would get suspicious. U could fix it yourself with some glue, and i bet it would work fine, but it would look ugly, dont know if u care. Sorry if im not much help.

3. Super Glue for glass?

4. Gorilla glue would be the cheapest. And it works, ive done it. Just be gentile. Not sure on glass blower price. $200 bong - sounds cool, got a pic?

5. i remember getting quoted 50$ to fix a broken steamroller which cost me 25$. glues and epoxies are unfortunately never going to bring back the glass to 100%, just a temporary bandaid. in your case, im guessing 50-100 because the tube will probably have to be thrown in a kiln. your best bet is to just grab a new piece and forget about this one, accidents happen glass breaks.

6. That sucks man!

7. Eh, it's kinda like a broken microwave. Easier/cheaper just to replace the whole thing than attempting to repair it.

Sorry you broke your bong, especially if it was only a month old. Guarantee you you'll treat your next one like an overly careful/cautious muhfucka though!

8. #8 CaiteeElizabeth, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    The thing is that I've already spent so much money on this one, and love it so much that I'm willing to pay up to $100 to get it fixed. Just wondering the best way to go about it. What is the difference between using a superglue vs. epoxies? Also... Would it be possible to mend the joint with clay and then make my own down stem? I'm just trying to rack my brain for anything possible to fix it without just throwing it out :(

9. I'm tellin you, a lot people have been in the same boat as you at least once. I myself included. 
    You get your first bong, you're excited as fuck, stare at it way too long, pick it up, admire it, omg gonna get 2high4ever, all this shit, and then bam, one day it breaks. But WHY, it's my first piece, I've only had it x months! I GOTTA REPAIR THIS OR I'M GONNA SHIT MYSELF.

You'll fall in love with another piece soon! Just give it a chance. It's really not worth it imo unless it's a particular piece with some sorta "catch" or unique design to it. Otherwise, besides it being your "first" piece, there's really not much magic to it. Take it as a lesson, trust me. If you're dead set on fixing it though, be ready to whip out a decent amount of $ for it if it's gonna be professionally done. Definitely wouldn't recommend superglue, but that's just me.

10. [quote name="fancypantsdawg" post="19143952" timestamp="1386794667"]omg gonna get 2high4ever[/quote]Hahaha u crack me up

11. w/o seeing pics of the damage its hard to say how much it would cost or if its even worth repairing 

if its just the tip of the joint that came off it should be a fairly easy repair 

any blower can pull off the joint and replace it w/ a good one.

if the tube u have is very complex and its close to a ring seal then it may be a bit more complicated but still doable

12. yea post a picture...

13. Actually found someone to fix it for only $20!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. what where are you ? DEAL

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. In Corvallis, OR.

16. I once broke a nice single chamber bubbler brought it to my local glass blower and he fixed it for $30. It was only in two clean pieces. It also did have to be completely clean to go in the kiln. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum