How to find community?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shanx420, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Hey guys, I was here a year ago with the same question. And I haven't figured it out, and I'm at a moment where I feel like, once again, I don't know where else to turn, so I thought, why not bring the question to this forum again. Maybe other people feel like this too. Even that would make me feel better, I guess.

I've been a member since 2012, I think. Maybe earlier. Yeah, actually probably like, 2009.

Yeah, I just wanted to reach out somewhere, and ask, what do you guys do to find community? Because, I'm almost 29, and I have only one friend, and they don't accept my identity too well (I'm trans female). So, I always wanted to find more accepting community.

I used to like it here, many many years ago, so, I thought I would come back, because I don't know where else to go.

One thing I know is that I will never kill myself or harm myself, because I know there are those who would wish that I would. And also, I like myself. But life is just so empty. So, I just thought I would take a chance and see what a random bunch of people might think about this persistent problem I have.

I have insanely terrible social anxiety, which undoubtedly contributes to my problem, but yeah, because of this, I will not be back again until tomorrow night, when I am thoroughly drunk, and able to more easily absorb your verbal abuse. Unless this is deleted. But also, maybe no one will respond. So... I dunno, something bad is gunna happen after I post this. I'll be back tomrrow. Ask some questions, i guess. I like to watch IRL streams a lot to feel like I'm having socialization. It helps a lot, honestly, I think. So, I'm not like too sad of a person. I try to engage myself into the world, where I can.

2. Your trans gender so why not go join a lgbt community or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. We have a commune here...Eh, I mean community, yeah...Community.

Kool-Aid isn't bad though, right? People still dig that...Grape, grape is the only flavor we have.:coolalt:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lol man that is hilarious. That's image is crazy lol, yeah I'm not going to even be a dick and touch on the fact that no matter what your chromosomes don't change even after 30 operations, if you wanna be gay or whatever that's fine but don't go mutilating your self in perverse attempt to find self acceptance that's not love.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. According to an uncle who's part of the LGBT community a lot of them don't care for the T part.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Have you tried joining a mental health support group?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. As I was reading the OP I was wondering why you thought you'd get some abuse here. I was surprised and disappointed you were right. I don't have an answer for you but be assured that everyone here doesn't feel the same. Many here even think transgender people are gay. This may not be the best place to look for acceptance of your trans status but if you ignore gender related issues, be open, and just be yourself you'll find friends eventually. I do realize how hard it is to ignore gender issues when your world revolves around it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. #8 Storm Crow, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    How about joining NORML or any other pro-cannabis organization? You toke, so you qualify. :smoke:

Try some high CBD cannabis for the social anxiety- it doesn't get you "high" but it does calm you down a bit. And hon, getting drunk does not really help! Alcohol strips your body of "B" vitamins that are needed for proper brain functioning, leaving you feeling worse the next day- even discounting any hangover. :wacko:

Don't pay any mind to those who are abusive. They are just insecure and afraid of anyone who dares to be different than they are. (Can you imagine what a dull, "gray" world this would be if we were all alike? :mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow:)

You just keep working on being the best you that you can be! There are people who will accept you, but you won't find then staying home! So take a deep breath and get out there to find your new friends! :passtheshit:

Hugs,

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 1