Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to find certain strains of weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420Hazo, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Well, i live in the western new york area and basically, i was wondering any tips on finding some really good bud. like im talking reallly really good, (example: OG Kush)

I know one thing, is simply talk to people. but is there any other way. lol craigs list

2. I used to wonder that a lot when I was younger. All I could ever find was beasters. There is no quick fix unfortunately. All I can tell you is learn a lot about good pot, and hang around people also trying to learn about good pot. Eventually you will find someone who will give it to you.

The thing is the supply of truly good pot is in extreme shortages. Most people have never even seen it.

Also the folks that have it are extremely easy to piss off by saying the wrong thing. So it's important to be very knowledgeable, but never talk about things you don't know.

Here is a perfect example. It's near impossible to find headies where I live. It's all beast or B grade humboldt outdoor. The guy I get all my headstash from. Chemdawg, Sour d, grapefruit, grand daddy purp, etc. sells very little pot. Very little. I guess it gets mailed in to someone or whatever, but at any rate it's in very low quantities. Simply doesn't come in in any amount.

You see everyone says "I want the best pot you have." But 99.9% of them don't know anything. If two buds were presented in pefect state they wouldn't know a commercial cash crop strain like skunk from something fancy like sensi star. So there is no incentive to give it to them. It's like if a guy didn't know boones farm from top shelf wine you're not going to waste money getting him drunk on expensive wine that he doesn't understand enough to appreciate fully. At best he'll get "two buck chuck".

Here is a pefect example. Me and my dealer were smoking a bowl of blueberry haze. Very rare and exotic and not for sale. Not even to me one of his best friends. In fact it and most of the stuff I buy isn't even shown to people. The neighbor came by and ended up getting in on a bowl that normally would not be shared out of a very small group. He mentioned. "Wow, this burns way too fast. The bud is really stringy."

It's a fluffy sativa bud that was never compressed. So of course it burns fast. And those strings of sativa foxtails are highly sought after. All the weed people normally see is smushed and vaccum packed. So it burns long and slow. If we were to step on the bag of Blueberry Haze it would smoke the same way. By trying to critique the weed he ended up sounding ignorant. As you can imagine nobody is trying to find more people to sell this weed to, so nobody mentioned anything about his statement. But I promise it prevented him from getting another bowl of blueberry haze. A simple statement like that to the wrong person can keep you smoking commercial indicas.

3. #3 Aurora Borealis, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
    1)Try to meet more people that smoke. Its always good to find a new hook up.
    2)Ask your dealer if hes got any dank in his head stash that hell smoke with you if you throw down. One of my dealer keeps a pretty extensive collection of buds that he doesnt smoke that often.

Just because nobody you know smokes the dank doesnt mean its not around.

4. I get what your saying but your friend sounds like a snob, no offense meant. But if hes going to stop selling/smoking with someone because of a comment they make that has 0 affect on his life then that's exactly what he is.

Either way I agree for the most part about rarity of good green. When I was down south when I could get killer strains it was usually limited to an OZ max, and I usually got taxed hard on it(usually pay 200-250 an oz would pay 450-480 an oz for the crazy stuff). Since going up north though it is 100x easier to find really good green. Pretty much everyone that doesn't have beasters has well above average here. I've been here about 16 months now and I've only been disappointed twice.. and I've only got anything with a seed once(2 days ago actually on worst sack I've ever seen up here)

Basically what I'm getting at is it all depends on the area you're in. If theres really low quality all around the "high" quality doesn't have to be that high for people to buy, where as if you're near the canadian boarder theres so much beesters that it is considered low mids so if you want to be able to charge 40/8th(twice as much as beesters) it has to be A LOT better than them, otherwise people just get the beesters.

5. It's supply and demand. It's like I said. Call it a snob if you want, but when it comes down to it there are twenty people and 1 quarter of weed to be sold and 1 person has to decide who gets it. I don't blame him for not smoking or selling his good weed to people who don't know any better.

Not that I think he'd mind you calling him a snob.

6. good point i think if anything a person should some what feel privelaged to even smoke exotic strains or just good weed in general.