How to find a job...

Discussion in 'General' started by Zombiemode, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Well, I've been at it for a few months now, applying online, and on paper, but still no luck. Its pretty depressing being broke for this long, but luckily I've got a couple great friends to help me out here and there. I am getting desperate for a job and I'm not sure what to do next. What are some thing I can do other than applying?

2. Talk to friends, relatives about where they work and if theres anyway you could get in there.

Also, check online and check your newspaper often for odd-jobs.

Best way to get a job in this climate is to know the right people:D

3. Go into the store and talk to the boss.
    People NEVER do this.

The thing to getting hired is based on either:
    How well the boss already knows you.
    How well you do on your interview.

If the boss knows you, and you do well on your interview there is no reason for them not to give you a job.
    Go to wherever you're trying to get a job and make sure you tell them how everything looks nice or how things can be improved.

Always make sure to call back and make sure employees know you as well.
    You'll get a job that way.

4. Have you went and to your local Department of Labor yet? They sometimes have the lowdown on job openings. And thier job is to get you a job. It's worth a try.

5. Put applications in at temp agencies. Probably not going to get a good job, and maybe not even reliable work...but a little bit of money while looking for something better would be good.

And give craigslist a try. Seems hopeless, I used to do that when i was looking for a better job and would send out about 10 emails a day to different places and wouldnt hear anything back. But that's actually how I got my current job, so it is worth a try.