How-To : Fimming and Topping made Easy

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DierWolf, Nov 7, 2006.

1. well do they looked f'ed up?

2. if anyone is still auctucally looking at this thread, im a bit confused. ive got the topping part down, you just cut the top off.... simple enough.

fimming.... this is where i get confused, it says to find the newest growth, but of what? if you top your plant, your cutting off the top... what do you fim? are you fimming the side branches off the main stem?

topping is when you cut the top off the main stem... is Fimming just cutting off 80% of the new growth of the branches coming from the main stem?

3. Ok I was just wondering, what is more efficient at producing a larger yield, Fimming/ Topping or LST'ing.

Im new to the game, and i mean new.

4. DierWolf, I found this great tutorial a few days ago and translated it into Spanish (did my best :D )
    The translated article is posted here http://www.cannabiscafe.net/foros/showthread.php?p=734246#post734246 and I hope you don't mind I didn't ask you before doing so. Feel free to ask me to remove it if you are not ok with the transaltion.

Cheers :wave:

5. I just topped about half of my plants....So far 3 or 4 of those colas have grown back in to two tops but a few are still in the process. I just switched my lighting in to 12/12 and was wondering if that will affect the growth of those colas that i topped or if they will still grow to their maximum potential straight in to buds. Thanks

6. I tried topping one plant a couple of months ago.
    Did it exactly like the pics showed. And it never grew back. The 2 side offshoots continued to grow another 2 feet, but the center part just stopped and nothing ever grew from the cut part.

7. That's what is supposed to happen. You turned one main cola into two smaller colas.

8. NO! I must have explained it poorly. Nothing grew where I made the cut. The 2 side things are the branches that shoot out at every node. They were already there and weren't touched.

9. Give it a little time. I wouldn't worry that much. Some time it takes, sometime it doesn't but it won't "hurt" anything in the long run and the results can be very nice.

Here's a shot of my Lockdown that is almost ready to harvest. I did one FIM following this guide.

[​IMG]
    Lockdown

-TM

10. They say fimming is taking off 80% OF THE TOP MOST PORTION OF NEW GROWTH. This can be any growth.
    Higel

11. I didnt read all the way thru but FIM stands for "Fuck I Missed"

great thread +rep

12. Yes, that is fimming. It can do wonders!! Good Luck

13. How soon after fimming (during vege phase) til i can turn to 12/12? do i need to wait for some/any regrowth or give them any kind of recovery period? please excuse my ignorance im noob az:p!
    while im posting a big thankyou to Dier for those awesome diagrams/tutorials,and a big thanks to all of you other experienced growers for sharing your knowledge.
    cheers guys ;)

14. Information of this quality is a credit to the web site. Great work, thanks + rep

15. So guys, what am I doing wrong? Whenever I attempt to fim the new set of leaves by cutting them back, they just seem to grow back how they would if I didn't cut it. :confused:

16. Just wanted to say This seems like a much better forum than CC....too many assholes there....SERIOUSLY - Hopefully I can reside here without people acting like kids. I wanted to say I think this is a Great example of people helping each other out.I am pretty knowledgeable in this feild but figured Id start with the basics here to see who is who and who knows their shit so i know who to ask the right questions to ...lol

17. could some one please explain to me when one should top and when one should start lst.

does one top first then lst or what. At what number of leaf sets (nodes) does one top and what number does one lst?

18. Fantastic Tutorial! This gives me all the information that I need! :cool:

I'm so thankful for folks like you who can lend the rest of us your experience!

19. sorry im just learning everything about growing
    can u tell me what this does?lol

20. wow. ive been around since og and ive never understood where to cut and how to cut it after seeing pictures and reading faq's, the whole nine yards.

your pictures helped a lot. thanks.