How-To : Fimming and Topping made Easy

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DierWolf, Nov 7, 2006.

1. If you do this it may stress your plant and turn into a hermie. Any stress to the mother might backfire on you. I suggest if you put it 12/12 leave it 12/12. If you need to know the sex do that to a cutting plant. It works even not rooted.. The size of your plant now is a good size but it won't give you what you will expect I suggest leaving it in veg for about another week then tossing it in bud.. Just remember they grow double sometimes more when in budding.. Is this your first time? What do you have these under? You need to get them under an HPS. They are in a closet right? Did you make sure it is light tight? If not you also may end up w/ hermies.. We fit one HPS in a closet that size.. But then you need intake and outtake exhausts. Remember the more light the bigger your production.. Just trying to help you out..

2. DierWolf, once again, great thread. How late in the veg process can you fin/top? Two of my plants did nicely but the other two still just have one main branch. I'm going to flip to flower this week and wanted to know if it's to late to fin/top the other two.

Thanks,
    -TM

3. In your opinion is it better to TOP or to FIM?
    if you do both is it better to TOP first then FIM. or the other way around?

4. I Top first then fim the hell out of it.

5. dier, ill post this here, because i know youll see it, me you and someone else was discussing the fact that, your ''strongest'' looking plant is allways a male, . and i replied that i agree, and i had my eyes, on a strong plant that i just knew was a male. well last night he showed me his balls. which just reinforces, our staments, be cool. once again the meeting of the minds prevail..... peace to you!!!!:cool:

6. hey d.w ima new member and im currently growin purple kush and white widow...i FIMd tha w.w...thay are both at 30 days of veg.

7. yeah i newbie to growing want to start what is fim and what is top.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Could I still get away with topping my plants? They are in day 9 of flower now.

9. i dont get the toppong... wudnt those 1 and 3 grow any ways with out cutting the very top... the number 1 and 3 were already there without u cutting it????????

and i get how to do both of them but how are u going to fim them if youve toped them?

and when is the earliest i can top them or fim them?

10. i mean numbers 3 and 3 on the topping

11. although this is a good tutorial, why waste your time topping or fimming? just tie your plant down and get better results faster! i "never" fim or top. i "always" have at least a "dozen" tops! topping results in the plant growing a top/tops where you cut it. tie down and you decide where your top will be.

12. Umm i dont understand how you can get more than one top if u tie it down becasue there is only one top and thats the very top of the branch.... do u have a tutorial of this at all any where that i can read
    thanks

13. i don't want to clutter up someone else's thread with a bunch of crud. but, by pulling the main cola below the other growth tips, you cause the plant to scramble and spread auxins. a plant is supposed to have one main cola. if you tie it below the others, there's a race for there to be a new one. it's pretty cool manipulating your plant.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hmm thats cool well mine is about 2 weeks old .. is it ok for me to tie it down now? and how do u do that do u just tie the top of the plant into the ground?

15. Dierwolf:

Your tutorials and diagrams have been the some of the most educational I've seen in these forums and, well,... hell, ANYWHERE!!!
    I've read Jorge Cervantes' "bible" cover to cover twice already, along with numerous other sources.
    You, sir, have given me more advanced knowledge in one or two little diagrams than I could have found in months of reading the basics over and over again.

My question? Ain't got one. I'm as inexperienced as they get but I figure I gotta learn at least a FEW things the hard way.

I just think it would be WAAYYY COOL to find your diagrams done in Day-Glo colors on a black poster. You know, the kind that would glow under a black light? It would adorn dorm room and grow room walls around the world.
    Seriously, you'd make tons on E-Bay.
    People would sit around, all buzzed, regard them and hold long academic discussions on auxin transport and light cycles.
    And then, out of nowhere, some dude will walk up in the middle of the conversation and say something like:
    "Duhhh, I don tunderstan!!! Whas a TOPP? I LIKE PLANTS WEED RULES! I'm confused about femmes! Can I buy FIM in a bottle? Duhhh..."
    And everybody would stop and look at this guy, totally forgetting what they were talking about and distracted because he didn't bother listening and catching up before he opened his mouth.

Cause, you know, there's always one or two that don't do their homework before they show up to class.
    You can lead a horse to water but it takes strength and determination to drown it.
    Anyways, you're a role-model and a scholar, Dierwolf, I tip my hat and say thankya much.

16. Thank you for the tread. I was all worried about doing this till now. Thanks again you guys have a great forum here for all us newbies.

17. Now that is the right newbie attitude! Grow on Nick! +rep

18. Damn straight. I followed Dierwolf's advice on my Hashberry and look at her now.

[​IMG]
    Hashberry

19. I think i fimed way wrong.... look at my pics

Attached Files: