How-To : Fimming and Topping made Easy

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DierWolf, Nov 7, 2006.

1. In your picture what is that little meter? I think i know but just making sure.

2. It is a hygrometer and a temperature gauge.

3. When should I too this rhino?

Attached Files:

4. #544 azmmj480, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
    Can someone please help me to understand this topping/FIMing/LST!? Ive got the Scrog method down but still this is my first legit run with tent/600watt MH and I really want to do as much as I can for my girls to be lookin their best! THX

I have closely read and looked at the first page to this F.I.M. & Topping thing but I'm still a little confused about F.I.M. and Topping! Like i get the pic and how much to cut. I guess my Q. is how do you know if its to late to do F.I.Mming on a new growth that has started already but hasn't dropped yet(level out)? Okay like on a new growth is there a to big/catching it to late into it's growth to leaves? IDK it's my first time growing a legit setup w/ 600watt (MH & HPS) lighting, tent ..... So any tips and advice would be great and greatly appreciated!! THANK YOU GUYS!~

I'm still in veg(3rd week)   

6. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I REALLY need to do this F.I.M. thing cause I got a extra 2x2 space for every plant to have horizontal growth!! I'm only in my 3rd week of veg so ya if anyone can help me that would be awesome!! I have read the first page very closely and much more blogs/posts.... So when is it perfect to FIM and when is it to late to FIM the new growth? I have some nodes that are just barely opening and some that are starting to form. I think i understand it a little as far as how much to cut(80%) and where! Its just its my first legit grow and I'm trying hard to do as much as i can for my girls!! ......... SORRY for the long message but THANKS!!

7. put some pictures up and I will help you, I don't fim my plants but will help you get the results you want.
    I have been playing with my plants for years to keep the canopy level and the plants as short and bushy as i can
    always good to help a fellow grower :smoke:

8. Okay Wuz man! Ya so I've been busy cause my girls been giving me drama but ya I got some pics! I did two experimental cuts 2days ago after reading all I could find and feeling somewhat comfortable but ya pics say more....

Attached Files:

9. Also one of my three girls looks like she's doing really good as far as side growth but them other two are starting to get tall(12"-13") n I would like to do a one more week of veg with some LST n Topping.. wht u guys think?

Attached Files:

10. IMAG0875.jpg  - afghan kush, topped at 2 weeks from seed, in coco, started under T5 then 1000w MH for 2 weeks, 1000w HPS for flower..

11. Growth of 4 new tops?

Attached Files:

12. Funny thing is I thought I topped my plants only but I also fimmed them to I'll post a pic cause how it spilt is awesome I hope o get a killer yield this timeSent from my C5170 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Awesome post. I'm gonna link this in my responses on other threads since this is possibly the best and most simple explanation ever!

15. Good info ty...guys n gals

16. Saved for reference

17. #557 RedEye Dragon, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    I didnt zoom in on it although this Shark widow strain is my first successful fim job. Im extremely impressed. I came across this forum after did the deed but its informative!!!

Attached Files:

18. Hey, got some questions. So my phone won't load all the pics for some reason and wanna make sure I'm understanding this.

Ideally you are just takin the newest set of fan leaves and cuttin them off? No all the way but most of it? Then it'll branch out into two? If someone had pics that work that would be great also! Thanks!

Get high, Be high, Live high

19. Hey guys and gals. So I am just over week# 3 from seed sprouting. She is under 312 (6500k) watts of CFL. I have her in a 2.5 gal hempy with 100% perlite. The space is 2'x1.5'x3" (22" floor to lights) vertical space. I am planning on lots of LST and either a FIM or top before I begin the LST. Thoughts on when I should do this? She is on her 7th set of real leaves now (3rd set of true leaves). Approx 3" tall now. Thanks ahead of time for your help and input! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422457380.824379.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422457399.707423.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422457422.151120.jpg

20. How many nodes do you,guys wait for before the FIM?