How to filtrate out CBD while preserving the rest of the extract?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by panyserge, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Newbie here.

If I am violating any forum rule, please feel free to correct me. I made some search in this forum, unsuccessfully, but I may have missed some important threads.

Cannabis extract is obviously costly. From the full spectrum distillate or crude, is it possible to separate CBD from the rest of the extract, without compromising either? I want to have both a CBD concentrate as well as a CBD-poor (THC-rich) full spectrum extract as end products.

Many thanks in reading this post and I warmly any educative message.

2. Without a small fortune in lab grade equipment I think your best bet is to grow high CBD strains and high THC strains.
    CBD does zip for me, in fact it prevents the THC from acting as pain relief. Grew out two high CBD plants on request and wound up throwing it out as I couldn't give that shit away after the requester decided it didn't do her any good either.
    As easy as getting CBD oil is now ( every liquor store and gas station sells it ) Why bother growing it?

BNW

3. Sorry to read that you had to throw away cannabis plants.
    Where I live, THC is legal only to a low limit. One cannot buy high THC strains/flowers/oils.

I was wondering if there is any reliable process to separate {CBD+CBDA} from the rest. Experimenting dosage and ratio would be easier. I can get low THC extracts carried in ethanol (before evaporation and mixing with vegetable oil).