How to escape this society?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by HimuraX, May 14, 2009.

1. Actually, even a few hours of virtual shift can do something. I sometimes listen to a recording of someone sitting in a state of real presence and saying a few things to an audience doing the same. Hours can go by as I feel my own sense of presence boosted by experiencing his. It can make a huge difference, and I don't need to leave my house!

2. Well yes, I agree with that aspect too.

I'm not trying to say that we have to pack up and run in the woods to achieve a greater sense of yourself or the world in general.

I was just agreeing with your previous comment of how it can affect your perspective when doing so.

3. #83 LittleJacob, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    Yea a nice little "walkabout" can be tremendously beneficial. Even the small little one-day nature retreats I take here and there are beautifully tranquil and grounding/centering. Really helps bring me into the here and now and be in a state of reverence... though to be honest I've been kind of practicing having that state in daily life so it's not much of a difference. But getting away for an extended period of time in nature I think can have some very profound effects indeed.

What you said is right on the money Boats and Hoes. Being able to find peace and spread the love vibrations and helping your fellow man is probably the best thing we can do while still living in society. It really does make everything so much more bearable and actually even enjoyable.

I used to be caught in the trap of getting my panties all in a bunch over all of the corruption and negatives of society, dwelling on it, wanting to run away and all of that. But now I'm quite content in my day to day life in society. In order to achieve my dreams and facilitate a self-sufficient life I am first going to need resources, and to do that I gotta work, there's no getting around it. I used to resist that a lot, but now that I have embraced that reality and have just focused on having a good attitude towards everything and helping people out, I find that even my daily life at work is rewarding and fulfilling in itself. Just smiling at someone and putting a smile on someone's face, cracking a joke, helping them out with something small... it's all adding the pile of good in the world and I feel good about that.

However I'm still down to make that GC island eventually though :p lol Nah but I do still have the vision of working on a societal alternative, however I agree that in the interim while most of us DO still have to work and live in this society, it's best that we live it with the most love and brotherhood/unity consciousness that we possibly can to make the best out of the situation. Because running away from society, as great as it is for small periods of time, just isn't sustainable in the long run (for most people), that's for sure.

Plus, if EVERYONE were to run away to the woods, then EVERYONE would be in the woods, and there would be no running away at all! haha We'd have to start colonizing the ocean floor or some shit after that haha. Running away only works for individuals and a few people at a time, or temporarily, but if the society and the "civilized" world as a whole is to radically change, it has to change by individuals changing themselves and LIVING out better alternatives themselves and everyone eventually following along.

4. Couldn't agree more. :)

5. I couldn't have said it any better, bro!

We all need that little excursion to truly implement our learning...

6. I'm right there on the same page.... I actually found this blog while trying to research ways to do the exact same thing. Have you had any luck in the matter? It would be wonderful to learn that you had found something fulfilling. I don't belong in this world, as part of this species, it disgusts me.

7. restore your inner good vibes and it will be a whole lot easier living in this shit, If you're happy and spreading happiness people will pick up on it and will probably join the fight, dont go shoving the elitist stuff in their face though, we cant stop them anyways so "Fuck Them, Spread Love" -me

8. I don't like the consumerist cutlure we live in but what alternative is there to capitalism that wouldn't open the door to tyranny?

9. Join the Peace Corps...I'll be in Tonga next year. Can't wait...I'll be working in Education there. It'll be the best thing I've ever done....and American society and any resemblance thereof? None.

10. #90 LittleJacob, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
    That's awesome Tesse! Be sure to write us at least once when you're down there and let us know how awesome it is :D

11. Nullification.

No matter where you go society will tell you how to live and what you cant do.

Ignore them.

Its not like cops are knocking down your door for smoking weed.

Stay out of the spotlight.

Their only power is their guns. Not their laws.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Ok have you ever been traveling, and you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and all of a sudden, there is a house. Those are the people that share the same ideals as you. Native American Indians live that way on reservations. Good luck, and I support your decision

13. The best answers I've come to find for this question are zombies or an alien invasion.  Both would cause too much turmoil and chaos for anybody to obey anything we're told.  I personally would prefer zombies.

Don't know yet about Innernetz capability where I'm going to be at..haha...I can experience another side of life and give back at the same time. What more can you ask?  :smoke:    Also..anybody know what Tongan weed is like?   :laughing:

15. There is no escape we're all trapped here until someone takes a stand and sets things right

16. We all will leave society one day and nobady can avoid it.

It's called death and whatever follows is certainly not going to be part of "this society"

Thats why I say lets all do our best to make the most positive impact on changing our society for the better while we are alive.

Lets live our lives to the fullest and also make the world a better place at every chance we get because at any moment we can die or society can collapse.

If society collapsed it would not be fun despite how fun zombie video games can be it woulkd not be fun when shit really hit the fan in real life so maybe from that perspective we can appreciate the good in society, stay away from the bad and try to make our mark on this troubled world in a positive way because even if its just a drop in the bucket, the bucket is filled that way, drop by drop

17. No. Even then. You are a slave to the majority.

The only way to "escape" society is to live under the radar and dont instigate.

Live how you can.

A rabbit doesnt escape the forrest, it simply hides from the wolves
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. The mind is an escape.

19. #99 LittleJacob, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
    I think that what is needed is a revolution. But not a "fight the current government/system" type of revolution. Fighting what is wrong does not fix the problem. That is like when a forest is cleared and an invasive species takes over, and you try to remove it by spraying pesticides and killing the weeds. It just leaves a vacuum afterward, and some other kind of invasive species will simply takes its place.
    (See: Egypt's 2 or 3 recent revolutions as example)

The true solution is to plant the native seeds and plants that are natural to the deforested land and the land will return to wholeness and balance naturally... the weeds will have less room and less space to grow and will be phased out. Instead of fighting the weeds, plant the healthy plants that truly belong there and the weeds will starve and die out naturally.

The solution for revolution isn't to think about elimination and combat of the "negative" and destructive... but a Renaissance of planting the seeds for the new and the positive and the healthy, whole and sustainable.

Therefore I think that if the world and society ever IS going to change... the seeds of alternative HAVE to be planted first. This starts most importantly with a shifting of the worldview and hearts and minds of individuals... seeing ourselves as connected to the ENTIRE web of life on Earth, and to each other as humans, rather than separate and competing... seeing that our current system based on shallow ideas and an insane and unsustainable creed of infinite growth on a finite planet is dangerous and very destructive... seeing that happiness is not attained by the "success" the culture tries to lure us to reach but by good health, a calm mind, compassion, friendship, freedom, adventure, a good community, love, and wholeness within oneself. Once the paradigms of people change, the correct action with naturally follow.

We will start getting back to our roots. Literally. We will return the Earth and the larger biosphere. We will regain our native and natural respect and honor for the natural world and our crawling and flying and sprouting companions. We will start to grow food organically... we will replant forests... we will stop supporting corporations... we will start using alternative and sustainable energy... we will reduce our consumption... we will do everything it takes to stop heading off the cliff we are racing towards and save our planet. We will learn to quiet our minds and live from our hearts... live in the present moment. Cultivate the inner resources within us to reach our greatest potential and flourish outward from there, uplifting the whole word by our very presence and the actions that flow from it.

To escape the society is not enough... it is on us to make a new one. But for that to happen, eventually this one must be abandoned. It is lifeless, it is corrupt, it does not serve humankind OR nature as a whole, the happiness it provides (to a few) is a poor excuse for the true freedom, abundance, peace, harmony and joy that is our birthright as members of this planet community called Earth. The shit we see on screens is no substitute for real life adventure, real life love, real life human connection, real life immersion into the wonder of mountains and rivers and beaches and wild and natural things.

This ship is sinking... first we must build the courage and strength from within, and then we must construct a new and sustainable ship and leap from this to the next... to the better one, carrying us to a better world for all.

edit: I know I know I got carried away there at the end... fuck it haha :p

20. #100 wolftigerosebud, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
    There is no "breaking free" from "society."

You are a human. That means you are part of humanity. Whatever you do is a part of humanity. If you are a hermit and a recluse, you will still be a reclusive part of society. The best thing you can do is help your fellow women and men and look for ways through life instead of looking for ways out of it.

Why? Because if you keep searching for ways out, none of them work. Keep trying until you reach that conclusion, then go ahead and start looking for ways to live with what, who, and where you are right now.