How to escape this society?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by HimuraX, May 14, 2009.

1. Yes, but we can't. People are not ready to do so. Were they ready, that alone would change everything. You can't just throw that in, then dismiss it in the next sentence as if it means nothing to achieve, therefore destruction and chaos ensues?

Perhaps, but that is just a belief. Necessity is the mother of invention, and there are many ideas that will appear, are appearing, so as to make things better. Again, we don't need to focus on what might happen in a fearful way. We deal with how things are as a result of having the right state of consciousness to do so. Fearing things going to shit only helps see it that way.

It will make changes, but only when there's something real to change. Otherwise all that happens is we're trying to solve a problem with the same consciousness that created it. Things don't work that way.

2. Just keep runnin from your problems.

Its really effective....

Not.

How about you try to make change instead of abandoning us?

3. Moving away from current society is a change, don't you see how destructive our current society is not just to each other but also to the environment and well being of everything. It's not running away from a problem, it's solving it. If you want to change society, give them an example that works better than the old. Government won't help us change, so individuals have to decide that this form of social working isn't working.

4. #64 LittleJacob, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    I hear what you're saying, and I pretty much agree. I'm not suggesting acting out of fear, but acting out of love for a better way of life, out of love for humanity/earth and wanting a better way for all. I don't fear anything in the future, but realistically, looking at things neutrally, that's just the way they are headed - destruction. It's mathematics really.

What I am suggesting is taking actions as individuals that transition us into a better way of life, looking forward to a brighter future, not out of fear of a dark future. To do this, I am suggesting somewhat of a way to go around the current society/system, because let's be honest, as much as people's consciousness does effect the world as a whole, the people in power still run the show, and like you said, I don't see a mass enlightenment of the people in power happening any time soon. If the system were to change from the inside, the way the current system is set up it HAS to come from the top down, from those in power, but that most likely won't happen.

(Disclaimer: I know that the power truly lies with the people, but most people think it lies with those in power and thus they give it right up to the government/bankers etc)

So I am instead suggesting that we start building alternate ways of living AROUND the system. Communities that would show those still in society a livable example of an alternative way of life. A way more in harmony and balance with nature, a sustainable way, a society based on cooperation and community rather than competition and rugged individualism. Sure nothing is perfect, but in my mind and the minds of many, this would be a better way of life.

So I'm not so much seeing this whole situation in the negative as I am in the positive, you see what I'm saying? Acting for a better future because you see that things are looking to get worse in the current system is not fear-based in my opinion, it's just being realistic.

So let me see if I understand. So, you're basically saying that if a critical mass of society were to in essence "wake up" with an inner enlightenment, we would all band together and basically figure out ways to take ourselves off the path of destruction and change our path?

If so then I agree completely. I think that's what you're saying... that the awakening of consciousness would alone change everything, because once that happens people would ACT to change our course. I was saying that if everyone/ a critical mass awakened, but TOOK NO ACTION, then the course would stay the same and we'd still be heading down a path that, lets be realistic, does not have a bright end.

But like you said... people are not ready to do so. (That is the most important stage of action right now in my opinion.. educating eachother and spreading awareness) So what do we do about it AS people that have opened our hearts, found inner peace, compassion, and want a better world/way of life that is not unsustainable and will likely eventually lead to widespread suffering?

The only thing I can come back to is 1) spreading awareness trying to get other people to find peace within themselves and awaken their empathy/compassion/desire to help the world at large and 2) start working on alternate ways of living in the world ourselves, in hopes that people will see the advantages and catch on.

---------------
    edit: Am I understanding you correctly? Perhaps I'm not fully understanding you're perspective yet.

5. ^ I won't quote you but I 100% agree.

Did you know the people in Greece have been getting arrested for not using their useless currency? They all, as a community, decided to trade goods, because they couldn't survive anymore. I'm hopeful, at least in the small communities like mine (cities are completely screwed if this happens), when our dollar starts becoming worthless and unemployment becomes crazy (we are a factory community) we will have to resort to a different system. It would take more work than Greece, because we don't remember how to grow and make our own stuff and we are a bigger society by far than Greece. But I think when push comes to shove, humanity will figure out a cooperative way to make it through for the better. Cooperation comes more naturally to the human heart than competition after all, competition today is all man made.

6. GC Island- Here we come!~ :p

7. #67 LittleJacob, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    I agree completely. That's exactly what I was talking about earlier with the government using force and violence to try to keep the people as slaves/tied to their dying system. Perfect example. That's crazy.

When we cooperate and work as one, everything is 100x easier and everyone is happier, helping eachother and enjoying the natural human bond rather than hoarding for oneself and always looking over one's shoulder. When push comes to shove, which I think it inevitably WILL, the true good spirit of people will shine through and I also believe that the People will start to cooperate again and take things into our own hands and try to figure things out for ourselves.

That's exactly what I had in mind! Fruit trees, vegetable farms and "herb" gardens abound! :D

8. Make this happen, don't forget about me lemme know and I'm moving haha!

I truly truly hope that people push for change, before change is pushed on us. Something WILL change, it could be for the benefit of society, or it could really push us almost to or to extinction. But everyone has to really want something to change and work towards it.

9. I understand the separation idea, I really do. However, my place is here with the people. I truly believe I will be a leader of some sorts. We can create more change here, amongst those that are lost.

I came here, lost as the next person. Not saying I have found it all, but people here (and all in my life for that matter) have helped me out immeasurably. I owe it to those that have helped me to help those that need it, whomever it may be, and to do so by standing shoulder to shoulder with my fellow man, for better or for worse.

10. i also think that running away/moving/hiding is not the way to go.

also looking at society as one blob of sick and corrupt people makes you no better than the evil government, which looks at us as working-class slaves.

we are all individuals. we can learn from each other and help each other.
    i come on this forum to learn from others and to help others as much as i can.
    i train people at the gym and learn new skills from others.
    i take similar approach to what i do at work.

when you stop looking at society as a whole and focus on how you can help and better those right next to you (physically or virtually) and in the process take and learn something positive from their experience, you see that it doesn't take all that much to make a positive difference and balance out the universe.

crying and running away with your head tucked in never does you any good, you'll just run into a wall or fall of a cliff, most likely.

11. You don't have to remove yourself from people to remove yourself from society...

12. #72 Boats And Hoes, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    Never run away or escape, bro... indefinite solitude is not something which is desirable for a human; enlighten those around u with the torch of understanding -- make society reflect YOUR existence, and not vice versa.--But, yea, I know, man, it can get hard; so much pollution and BS, it's ridiculous; u gotta try and find a nice small circle of select individuals who are cut from a certain kind of cloth, to interact with. U gotta learn to build with any card ur dealt -- u have the power to do so, for u are pure Will! A Man complained about having no shoes, until he met a Man with no feet... Enjoy every moment of just being able to sit down comfortably, or the ability to just enjoy a meal under the warm sunlight -- knowing u are healthy and young! Be a big-kid who is refined; a model for thee other vain and puerile big-kids -- rediscover the world, with no prejudices, while keeping intact the knowledge which manifests that u are this grand universe; u are the universe, experiencing itself, consciously :metal:... :bongin: it's all about permeating love vibes, brethren :smoking:.

13. thoughts about GC literally trip me the fuck out.. one day we will pass each other by and not even notice the impact one has had on the other's life.

we're like.. stoner sages :smoking:

14. It's called boycotting the sickness that is society

15. Yup, I've tried it, more than once, and felt I succeeded in a way, but always felt I had to 'return' as I realised my place was in the world not out of it. But, having attempted to let things go, I could now put into practice what I'd learned about myself by having done so.

Sometimes we need to 'escape', even for a short time, in order to gain perspective that we might not be able to by remaining where we were. Once we have though, the reason to do so no longer seems relevant, and we can now return, only as someone else, someone more enlightened than was there before.

16. It truly is enlightening, isn't it? :eek:

17. It is. But why the embarrassment though?

18. No embarrassment, just the facial expression I made.
    Guilty of the pleasure from isolating ones self from the materialistic society.

:)

19. and yet, in order to post things like that here, we can't be too isolated can we? It's a question of degree. The idea of sitting on a hill, in a loin cloth, having let go of all possessions might seem appealing, but where would we plug in the computer?

Letting go of the fluff, while using what is needed, sounds more enlightened to me.

20. Haha exactly, that's why I am not portraying it as a permanent isolation.
    Just a day or a week can radically change somebody's mentality.