How to eradicate BUD ROT(botrytis)!HELP

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by masterlights, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Ok the past 2 harvest ive had a few girls get really swelled heads and after i dried em and trimmed em up i took apart the head and notice the beginning of bud rot.it starts with a white hairlike structure inside the bud.

now i did a bunch of reading and know that the mold loves high humidity and gets a foothold on the dense nug when theres high nitrogen and phosphourus levels.I already have a dehumidifier that helps keep the humidity around 60% and i have a exhaust fan that stays on day/night.It just seems like its tough to keep the humidity down when its summer and its hot and humid out and the flowering ladies are already giving off alot of humidity.

Now i know evaporated sulfur is a good weapon against this but im in a bedroom and am just afraid that the sulfur application would be overkill but if its my only option im definitly doing it.So my question is are there any easier alternatives to fight against this or is the sulfur the only surefire way.

any suggestions.i already turned down my ac in the room a couple degrees to keep it cooler and lower the humidity.:(

2. Be careful when you flush. After you flush there's a lot of excess moisture. For me that's when the mold starts