Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to dry resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gaxonjray, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Alriighttt, so I just scraped my bong's attachment and came up with a nice dime-sized ball of resin. The only problem is that it's soaking wet. When I scraped it, it was already like this (not the first time I've seen this either). I've already looked this up to see if anyone else had answered my question, but nothing works. If I try to roll it in a paper towel it will just be forever stuck and lost because of how wet it is, even if i touch it a percentage is lost from getting stuck to my skin and having to get scrubbed off into the sink. I've tried putting it in a spoon, and ontop of foil, and lighting the underside to dry it. I've even seen this done on video, but yet when I do it my resin just boils and is permanently burnt to the surface (in which case i can manage to scrape some up, but it's not enough).

Does anybody have an alternative solution?!!!

and no, I don't have a lamp hot enough to sit it under and dry it.
    :(:(:(

2. from my experience, resin is always wet, you can still smoke it.

3. Your simple solution is patience, your resin will dry out in a matter of hours if just let it sit around for a while, in a breesy non-heated area.

4. yeah or just put it in the bowl and smoke it. :bongin:

5. #5 gaxonjray, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    I've read that too, but honestly, I've tried to smoke the wet resin and all it did was boil to a liquid and disappear after a single hit. Granted; this is more, so I might be able to hit it enough to get high.. but I want it ALL! :D
    But anyways, I think I've solved my own problem
    If you're experiencing this problem check it out:
    I put the wettest of the WETTEST resin in my freezer for the amount of time it took me to smoke a cigarette, came back to check on it, and it was rock solid.

Success! :smoke:

p.s. how'd you do the smiley face with a bong PigMKIIluv?

6. yee i jus scraped a bunch of wet resin from the bowl from my bong. i got a good amount and put it in the freezer for like 5 min and it was hardening pretty good...and sorry for bumpin this thread i searched on google how to dry resin and this came up

7. just let it sit out for a few hours , it'll dry .

8. freezer kills moisture

9. I've always used coffee filters. The resin doesn't stick to the paper. You go threw a decent few doing this and i recommend doubling them up but it's always worked for me.

10. Fridge or just let it air-dry. Why would you light it, lol? Just be patient and it will dry.

11. I smoked resin when I cared less for my lungs, now I know better. If you really want to smoke resin tho, I would recommand you to grind in almost powder some bud and mix it like you would with wax to make low quality hash. It will be much smoother and taste much better, while being easier to deal with (not sticking everywhere)