Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to dose tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Prostokwasha80, Mar 24, 2018.

1. I have been making Everclear tincture for the past 3 weeks (on the cupboard shelf, already decarbed herb) and I finally tried a teaspoon which got me feeling perfect. Question - how do I know if the alcohol also played a role in making me woozy? I plan to keep checking the potency until I'm satisfied but wondering if there is any allowance to be made for the alcohol. Many thanks! (By the way, very easy to make and very potent)

2. 1 tsp = 5 mL
    1 fl oz = 30 mL, so you took 5/30 = 1/6 fl oz of everclear.
    190 proof Everclear is 2.2 times as strong as 85 proof booze, so the equivalent booze would be about 0.4 fl oz.
    A typical booze "shot" is 1.25 - 1.5 fl oz, so you swallowed about 1/3 of a shot of typical booze, which won't do much to most people.

• Like Like x 3