How to defend yourself?

Discussion in 'General' started by mos_def, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Never give up, keep your head low, wait for your chance to strike, don't get mad it will only make you loose your concentration. I treat every fight as if it were a life/death situation, no mercy no shame.

Also you can carry a stack of quarters in your pocket (the ones wrapped in the paper), sounds strange but if u grip it in your hand and hit someone is gonna leave a nasty mark on them.

2. Don't be a dick to anyone, and you won't have to fight. I've never been in a fight and never been challenged

3. True.. Hehehe... and don't forget your lighter.

:D

4. The only fights I ever won were the ones I avoided.
    I view fighting as a last resort, I would rather run. But let me explain...
    I have a lot to lose. A great family, and a good job. I can handle myself in a fistfight, I carry a pocketknife (4"Benchmade folder) every day, as a tool, not a weapon, but I also have a carry permit for a handgun. Having been in the military and trained with lethal and non lethal force scenarios, let me tell you, leaving is ALWAYS the best option. You never know what the other guy(s) are capable of. And once you have left the schoolyard all bets are off. The guy on the street is a wildcard that I won't deal with unless I really have to.

5. Until you meet that drunk ex-boxer at the bus stop who's talking shit to everybody and just so happens to pick a fight with you.

That definitely almost happened to me.. :eek:

Luckily, he got on another bus. :rolleyes:

6. if you really are cool and theyre talkin shit just tell em why the fuck are you tryin to start shit then if they keep talkin you go down to 5th and avenue to jamal stanford in front of quick mart and hell kill em for 2k

7. Honestly i got the best advice you can get in this thread. Sorry if its been said before. But in order to win the fight you have to just punch hard and punch fast and don't stop till the guy is done. Fighting any other way is stupid. I have fought many people that were supposed to win. But i never gave them a chance. Because one i hit them once it was over since i didn't stop. Since you probably don't hit that hard your fast though. So just use your speed and go for there face. If your confident your gonna win you can go for there nose or eye. And just try to inflict pain on there face. But if your worried the guy is gonna beat your ass you gotta go for there jaw and temple and back of the head. Try to get him as whoozy as possible so you can knock him down. As long as your quick with your punches you will win. But if the other guy starts connecting first your pretty much done. I know two little guys one is like your height the other is 5'4. They can both mash pretty much anyone. So yea.

8. Look up some boxing videos, take the aspects of dodging,ducking,head movement, and throwing a punch.

Abit of wrestling can definatly help you if hes bigger than you, get him to the ground and pound his face in with elbows and haymakers

a bits of advice, show no fear... even laugh. If you get hit, go into what i call "psychopath mode" laugh off the punch and go fucking apeshit.

not much else really, some people can fight and others cant just follow your primal instincts

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REG3-Wb5gM]YouTube - Self Defense[/ame]

10. Honestly

That was some horrible advice

11. just cling onto them try and get on there back and choke them tire them out.
    average street fight probibarly only lasts 30 seconds with punches flying so
    if you can outlast some one without getting knocked out you more or less have it in
    the bag.

12. Rex-kwon-do.

/end thread

13. This guy knows what hes talking about listen to him. ;)

Best advice yet +rep

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk-EVLyIpts]YouTube - Paul Vunak Knife Philosophy[/ame]

watch this guys videos. he's almost as hilarious as bas rutten but he is one of the best fighters you will see. He has a lot more videos than just knife fighting too, he even has a 10 minute video teaching you biting techniques. seriously. it's on youtube. watch it all and you will dominate. well not really, but you'll get a good idea on how to hurt someone. :D

15. I HATE that movie...

lol

16. Yea, there's not a whole lot of middle ground, you either love it or hate it.

17. I just wanna add that a black belt means nothing in a street fight. You just gotta get in there and brawl if you have too. I guarantee that most ufc fighters would get fucked up in a street fight with someone who knows what they are doing. It's a whole other league...

18. Listen bro it depends..i can give you a gameplan, ive been into mma for 7 years. Just pretty baked right now.

19. Im sorry but that was pretty damn ignorant. UFC 1,2,3 NO HOLDS BARRED ANYTHING GOES, you know who wins? Gracie and can he strike no. He used BJJ and destroyed them. Black Belt means a lot in BJJ. To say a ufc fighter would get fucked up in a sf with someone who knows what there doing? WTF pretty sure UFC Fighters, any mixed martial artist would win. If you know anything about fighting, im not gonna waste my time explaining tho. You will just disagree anyways.

20. Yeah, my cousins love it...

Pm me man. Id love to hear it :)