How to defend yourself?

Discussion in 'General' started by mos_def, Mar 1, 2011.

1. karate for defense only.

2. The 2nd edit wasnt needed. Despite Karate or TKD is not practical in a real life situation, you shouldnt discard it as trash.

Absorb what is useful; Disregard that which is useless
    Bruce Lee-Jeet Kune Do

3. yeah you're right, I feel bad directly insulting people, I remarked on it in my next post lol, mad PLUR, I just don't like that guy

4. you don't know how rich his daddy might be...stay outta trouble if possible...

5. #65 Ilovejane, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
    dog if somone honetly punched me and i didnt do shit to them i would go stab them teach them not to fuck with u in a harsher way, dont take shit from collage football-playing-stuck-up-spoiled rich jocks i would stab one any day if they attacked me. also get a bag and learn some kicks and pucnhing combos. kicks to the back of the leg can take down a way bigger oppenont they can barley walk

6. Thats a very shortsighted decision.

7. #67 1Trismegistus1, Mar 1, 2011
    It's not UFC, there are no "rules". That means if you hit someone in the face with a pipe, it's completely fair, because unless you start a fight, then you aren't expected to fight like some karate tournament. Grab balls and yank, it's called "Monkey steals the pear" in Ninjitsui, also clawing directly down the face and gouging an eye with a thumb will end things quick. The key to a fight is to escape, if you're not in a "running" circumstance, use the techniques. Also, you'd be suprised how effective kicks are and how little someone in a street fight expects one. Work on speed with kicks, cuz if that leg gets caught you're fucked. The key secret to Ninja's is they ran away, that's where the myth that they "disappear" came from. It's much better to avoid combat when possible, if not possible, aim to maim.

8. #68 mushroomsatsuji, Mar 1, 2011
    This is the person you see shot up on the news, or at least their niece in the morgue during a drive-by

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii-MLjI5Fyc[/ame]
    Pay attention to my siggy. It does mean something.

9. Not if you pull in fast and tight. They have a hand, or two, grasping your outstretched leg? Perfect chance to get in close for a headbutt. Just don't expect to maintain much balance. What's the worst an inexperienced street brawler can really do? Yank it and make you stumble a bit?

Real question^ actually, you seem to know this UFC shit. I do not. I've just been in that circumstance.

Reccomended for self-defense purposes only..

This thread gonna get closed soon. My spider sense is tingling.

10. Just do what Anderson Silva does. Learn Muay Thai and proceed to scare people who decide to fuck with you

11. magnum research, CCL

saved your life

12. I reached black belt in Tang Soo Do a quite a few years ago (haven't trained in a long time though), not really a "UFC" guy, it wasn't the fad it is today back then, and let's see, you go to kick me, I see it coming and catch it. The first thing I'm gonna do is grab your foot and either kick your other foot out from under you so I can get away, lift your foot straight up and flip you on your back assuming your not flexible, or kick your knee straight back in and break it so you CAN'T come after me. If your really quick and your foot gets caught you can do some WWF shit lol, I did it once as a 12 year old kid in a fight. Foot gets caught, or you purposefully aim it to be caught with both hands and then start to pull your foot back as you jump so it brings em closer so they can't duck back and kick him in the side of the head with your shin. Good chance of a knock out too but also a good chance of ending up on your stomach on the ground defenseless.

13. lol :smoking:

14. People who are going to college should be focused on thier education, that sounds like high school shit, maybe you should consider a transfer.

15. [quote name='mushroomsatsuji']This is the person you see shot up on the news, or at least their niece in the morgue during a drive-by

alright i guess i took that to far lol but this guy still shouldnt be getting picked on in collage what he should be doing is focusing on a major/career

16. carry one of these bad boys :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz8QC2Ng3Vs]YouTube - THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS - The Predator[/ame]

17. Thats true, thats why I said to ignore it and party elsewhere lol

edit in response to Ilovejane

I said it on the first page, I threw out some violent answers as well, just to satiate the masses

18. also OP u dont sound like a person who would get people angry and get into fights i am still trying to contemplate why this guy wants to fight u, u sound like a peaceful stoner just say ur not looking for trouble. he sounds like more of the guy who wants to fight u to gain respect with his homies. collage campusus are big dont associate with him anyway but go with a weapon and u dont necessarily have to use it just scare him away

19. Take Krav Maga

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07jnqD8wvyE]YouTube - Krav Maga Self Defense Techniques : Front Gun Attack : Krav Maga[/ame]

20. Avoiding fights is the smartest thing to do.

Going to a fight is not the smartest thing to do, but it's not the dumbest thing either.
    And sometimes a fight is unavoidable, since we're not in a perfect world.

The dumbest thing to do would be to goto a fight without a gun.