How to defend yourself?

Discussion in 'General' started by mos_def, Mar 1, 2011.

1. some great ass advice +1

2. I do live in Texas, and most people that I've seen don't want to bring guns to a fist fight because not that many people really want to get in a gun fight.

EDIT: Just a heads up, you aren't gonna learn much by reading about fighting. It's something you have to do. You don't want to think in a fight, you want to react. You don't want to pause and think "Uhh shit, what did that one guy on GC say?". Honestly you just gotta get out there and start boxing with friends or something. But signing up for an MMA gym can't hurt.

3. carry a pencil and aim for the eyes

4. There's no such thing as a "fist fight" anymore. Kids just want to bring a knife or gun and think it will solve their problems. My main issue with bringing a weapon is people are worried about that kind of shit nowadays. If you're so worried to the point you must carry a knife, who knows what someone else is carrying to protect themselves from the same kind of thing.

5. make that pencil disappear:hello:

6. Great minds think alike.:hello:

7. You guys would blind somebody who is already a blind and lost soul trying to start a fight? Thats just as misguided.

Mos_def, why are people talkin shit to you? Are you being an asshole or are they just ignorant? Don't put yourself into that position. You've never been in a fight yet, don't start now.

8. they are being ignorant.

9. with todays technology we can just make a new eye, better stronger faster and better

10. You're probably gettin drunk at some college house parties and are encountering your typical bro douchebag, no? I forgot what you said in the OP and I don't feel like clicking a new tab open lol, but anyways I'd recommend just going elsewhere. Because even if you do whoop the guys ass, his bro douchebag friends will probably sucker punch you and make it 5 v 1.

11. i havent been in a bunch of fights...havent been in one in YEARS for that matter.

its always best to dissolve the situation if possible...sometimes you cant...if carrying a weapon isnt an option then this is my advice:

1) stay alert to the other person(s) and your surroundings (ie. may have friends ready to jump in, etc.)

2) stay on your feet (going to the ground is the worst position you can be in)

3) try to dodge punches/kicks/headbutts/elbows, etc...

4) if you follow number 3 then when what you need to do after successfully dodging the blow is giving him one of your own before he has time to gather himself (since when someone punches they usually LEAN into the punch...if the guy is right handed then the right side of his face will be exposed after he misses a punch). this is when to hit back.

thats probably the safest way to fight someone...you shouldnt just swing wildly...thats just hoping luck will be on your side.

another quick tip...if you slip a punch and give him one back dont let up so long as you can keep him off balance or unable to defend himself or go on the offense. this will ensure you end the fight before it gets out of hand.

12. If you cannot take some type of combat training then the best advice that be can be given in this thread is to not be scared to get hit in the face. Yea i know it will be scary if you never been in a fight in your life

I suggest you grab a couple of friends, and start back yard boxing. That and my punching bag helped me to gain confidence in my striking. Plus boxing gloves dont hurt at all dont be a wuss.

Although i havnt been in a fist fight for about 3 and a half years as stupid and ignorant as this sounds i want to get into a fight ya know to toughin me up a bit more and see where i stand

13. Why? How does that prove anything? Anybody can beat anybody elses ass on any given day.

Anybody with real martial arts experience (I took several years of Tae Kwan Do) knows that its only for self defense. And the best defense is a quick one, get the fight over with and then leave. Don't go around looking for fights, thats beyond fucking ignorant, I dare say its American

edit: oh nvm I see where you said "as stupid and ignorant as this sounds" you hit the nail on the head

edit2 I like how nobody said boxing classes, seeing as how you have to register your hands as weapons until like 5 years after you stop

14. yeah I'm double posting

If you want to toughen yourself up, try skateboarding. Your own physical and mental anguish should be the only kind you cause, no need to go fuck over somebody elses life and give them unnecessary hospital and/or legal bills. ****** ******* *****

15. /5char

16. #56 DiPT Sounds, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
    Thank you, I fuckin don't care. I learned that fighting is pointless

edit tae kwon do is great for learning defensive maneuvers

17. You don't need to be a trained fighter to kick the shit out of someone. Just strike first and keep hitting as hard as you can. Use things around you to your advantage. For example if you are about to fight a dude or two who are dressed like gangbangers pants them, since they are always sagging, and choke them out with their own chain. If you pants them they will lose mobility then grab their chain and pull them forward. As they are falling forward knee them in the face, while pulling on their chain. If you are going up against some skinny jean wearing mother fucker you got a clear shot to their nutsack. Use peoples ridiculous fashion sense against them. Or you could dress up like a samurai, nobody will fuck with a samurai except ninjas.

18. Yeah I heard that if you take lsd 10 times you can be declared legally insane and that marijuana kills brain cells.

What happened to people looking up information for themselves before blinding quoting bullshit rumors?

19. #59 DiPT Sounds, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
    What happened to the PLUR? I forgot it in my last post sorry,

I don't care, I don't follow boxing, I heard that from my buddy who used to box, I believed him. Sorry for having an opinion thats against fighting

edit I don't like you so I'm just gonna put you on my ignore list, if you have any other responses for me in this thread send me a message so I can ignore that and know that I'm deliberately ignoring your statement to me

another edit: I will say that doing LSD 10 times has the potential to open your mind to new ways of thinking that by "normal" standards is certainly considered crazy.

20. Step 1: Say you do not have any intention to fight and walk away. If you are clearly going to be in a confrontation, proceed to step two.
    Step 2: Get butt ass naked, start screaming bloody murder, assume a wide X stance, swing your meat in a circle, and use this face :eek: while shaking your head quickly. Add drool as necessary.

He'll never fuck with you again :smoke: