How to defend yourself?

Discussion in 'General' started by mos_def, Mar 1, 2011.

1. I was kidding. Only carry a gun if you have been properly trained in its use.

2. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!

And also the funniest... :D

It's cracking me up... f'cking funny.... LOL....

An electrified brass knuckle... damn...

3. I like the stun batons

4. Mos_def : Hey, you want to talk about it?

How to defend yourself?

5. fixed

6. #28 GGrass, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011

No. Never... how does it work?

--

Added later : Ok.. I see it... an electrified knuckle... but it's made from plastic, not brass.

I thought the idea of having an electrified knuckle made from brass was funny coz... well, you're gonna fry yourself....

7. ^ This.

My friend is a very good fighter and has trained with people in the special forces. He calls this his "black mode" or going "all black" - fighting like its either you or the other guy that has to go.

Lol, this is why he doesn't like getting in fights, he's usually afraid he'll kill someone..

8. i'm not going to carry any weapons

9. Good choice.

So you're smart.

A smart dude like you should be able to figure his way out of a physical fight, shouldn't you?

10. #32 iiLLmatic, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
    if your in a big city, theres a good chance it'll have a MMA gym. start doin some boxing and other martial arts of your choice for a couple months and you'll have the advantage over 95% of the dbags on campus that think they can fight. you can geta membership for <100$ a month if you have a mma popular town. you dont gotta be big to scrap man (although it helps ofc :D)

plus the shit is just good for you not only physically, but mentally.

and don't turn into a dbag that is always startin shit tho, thats faggotry

or you can just get your ass kicked, toughen ya up a bit i guess:confused_2:

11. You could learn Krav Maga

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJQdW48wMsA]YouTube - Mixed Krav Maga with Israeli Ju-Jitsu by Roy Elghanayan_www.KravMgaLA.com_310-650-0060[/ame]

12. just dont take shit the other guy probably knows just as much as you if they didnt take some kind of special training or some shit lol. but yeah dont carry a gun if a fight happens just throw the first punch if its gonna be a sure thing and do SOME damage and nobody will bother you that much after.

13. Thats very true, but you should always make sure the instructor is well qualified no matter what art.

I was learning KM from the only Israeli certified instructor in Texas

14. Lol. Do you remember the dazed and confused fight scene (I think that was the movie)?

Kid's friend tells him to throw the first punch cause then the fight usually gets broken up. Kid throws the first punch, guy is like "wtf?", and then proceeds to kick the shit out of the kid.

Don't believe that first punch shit, very rarely is someone gifted enough to make someone go to sleep with a single punch.

EDIT: What part of Texas are you from mushroom? I was looking into learning Krav Maga in Houston but I didn't find any dojos I felt comfortable with.

15. Idk man I live in Texas.. EVERYONE rolls around with a gun. Even without a CHL you can carry certain weapons with you because a vehicle in considered your property or some shit. Pulling out knives on people is a good way to get your head blown off.

edit- and when you throw the first punch its just more of an advantage to you.. the key is don't stop after just one punch haha

16. Just go to a gun range to prove that lol

17. hmm heres a few tips.
    +best tip way to win a fight.never get in one.
    +keep on your toes,never get caught flat footed,youll get knocked down then your toast.
    +get crazy shout at him act like an animal
    +dont be affraid to take a hit get in the "box or face" with him.itll hurt man but suck it up n give it rite back
    +if you are squaring off read him.see how long his arms are,how fast,dont be afraid to dodge a few n get a feel for him.
    +go crazy,just get his face,his gut,dont drop you head and swing. punch make contact.and once you hit him keep doing it dont let him get his breath n swing back.
    +also if he is to much but u dont wana back down,get cheap kick him in the shins,the knees,the balls,the gut etc. after a fight no one will talk bout how cheap it was they will just say who got ther ass wooped
    +if it goes to ground use your weight get ontop of him and pund man
    +beware of surrondings and other people
    hope it kinda helped man.good luck.