Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to defend marihuana to people?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sabrina88, Jan 17, 2014.

1. I have a few good friends who don't tolerate marihuana. 
    I haven't smoked around them, but I think they know I smoke. 

However, if I decide to smoke while at a party and if someone finds out. How do you defend Marihuana?
    I honestly don't even think of it as a drug, what it does to me is just lift me up, and make me more happy. Basically just a enhancer. 

How do you defend it?

2. It doesen't matter what they think!!

3. why defend it?

if people don't like weed then who cares..

4. You don't need to defend it. Friends who would ditch you because you smoke weed aren't friends worth having. All you have to say is "I smoke weed because I like it, want a hit?"

5. First, Don't spell it Marihuana as it doesn't help the argument....Marijuana or Cannabis

Second, Point out the fact that Cannabis has caused 0 deaths while Alcohol causes thousands every year.

Cannabis is a medicine, it can be used to heal and treat many different ailments, including helping cancer patients.

Also, it is a drug, it alters your mind but Caffeine is also a drug so keep that in mind. The word drug doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Lastly, if your "friends" still judge you for using Cannabis then guess what? They aren't your real friends. A real friend will not judge you based on the fact that you smoke cannabis, and if someone does you are better off finding friends who are better people.

6. The only way to defend it is to keep your life in control and use facts in arguments.  People are only aware of stereotypes and false propaganda, its time for us to set things straight.

7. I'm in the same boat.. I'm turning 30 this year and my mom still gives me shit for smoking. All u can do is inform or just keep it to your self. I've learned people are too hard headed and brainwashed to get your point across. It's better just to avoid it altogether until it's completely legal. Make it a game and try to look sober while blown. That's what I do.

8. Lmao, thanks for the advice. I had something to say to you that wasn't "Lmao, thanks for the advice" but as I was multi quoting I forgot it. D:

That's what I feel like too. Let's do it! :D

Sorry, English is my second language, and in Norwegian we write it "marihuana"
    Thanks for the good tips :)

9. "marihuana" is a spelling that was deliberately created by people when they were trying to make it illegal in the first place, here in America. They did that to tie it to the mexicans (and later the blacks) and play on peoples racist ideals to get them to fear it. Please educate your fellow Norwegians.

Also if they're your friends and are willing to hear you out, instead of explaining it to them yourself, it would be easier and way more effective to ask them to sit down and watch a non-biased documentary with you. May i suggest "the Union". Its on Netflix btw and its very entertaining/ informative. 

10. Spell it however you want. The health Canada site for medicinal users spells it marihuana, I don't see how it hurts anything.
    I used to be on the other side of the argument and really there isn't anything you can say to immediately change their mind. If they are against it the words will go right over their head because its just coming from a "drug addict". It's like a schizophrenic trying to tell you why there is nothing wrong with them.. You are conditioned to see it as the ramblings of a lunatic.

Your best bet is to find out exactly why that person doesn't like it. Usually they either can't come up with a legit reason, or it's because they know some dumbass that smokes.
    Learn your facts, read up on granny stormcrows list of medical uses, and remember that it's less harmful than the alcohol they are probably drinking and the pharmaceuticals everyone is on

11. #11 Storm Crow, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    I have something that you may find helpful- "Granny Storm Crow's List"! The List is a huge collection of medical studies on cannabis and the cannabinoids, and also news articles about the studies, so you don't need a PhD to use the List!

Now let's say that one of your friends claims that "Pot causes lung cancer". You just say that is highly unlikely, and show them these-

Large Study Finds No Link between Marijuana and Lung Cancer      (news - 2006)
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=large-study-finds-no-link

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.  
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/2007/1_Annual_Meeting/4749?maxtoshow=&hits=80&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=cannabinoid&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows      (news – 2007)
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070417193338.htm

Or any of the other articles or studies in the 3 pages of links on "CANCER- LUNG" in my List.

Does cannabis rot your brain? (Another popular myth  :cool: ) You have to admit that Alzheimer's is the ultimate form of "brain rot"! So look what WebMD says about Alzheimer's, THC and 2 leading anti-Alzheimer's medications-

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)
    http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

That article is based on the study-

A Molecular Link between the Active Component of Marijuana and Alzheimer's Disease Pathology      (full - 2006)        http://www.ukcia.org/research/AlzheimersDiseasePathology.pdf

That study concludes-

"THC and its analogues may provide an improved therapeutic for Alzheimer's disease, augmenting acetylcholine levels by preventing neurotransmitter degradation and reducing A‚ aggregation, thereby simultaneously treating both the symptoms and progression of Alzheimer's disease.”

Once you know the medical facts, it is VERY easy to "defend" cannabis use! If you would like a free PDF copy of my List, all you have to do is just PM me your email, or check out the bottom of my sig for my email address. Since my list comes as attachments to an email, it is easy to forward it to your friends, both pro and con!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Granny

Amazing, thank you so much :)

13. And, hon, what we have here at GC is an old, much smaller version. What I send out now, is over 1000 pages of links!

14. Umm why defend it? You're grown you can make your own choices who cares?

15. You "defend" it so you can educate the poor misguided souls! The lies about cannabis have to be stopped! Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious!

If folks like Sabrina and myself didn't speak up, you would still believe that "Refer Madness" was a documentary, cannabis is the weed with roots in hell and that "Officer Friendly" of DARE was your friend! You would still be facing 20 years in prison for 2 "roaches"! (Timothy Leary- 1968)

Granny

16. #16 Cobra Commander, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    The only problem I find with trying to inform people about cannabis, or just the free will to use drugs of your choice for that matter, is that strongly opinionated "clean people" bypass the subject of debate; and seem to take it as their turn to dish out personal insults. You low life drug using SCUM! :laughing:

So if you hit that brick wall, I'd advise that you turn round and run. No point banging your head against it.

17. I have the same problem with people, I live in the "Buckle of the Bible Belt" I like to call it. I took Narcotics for eight years ( from a pain clinic ) that's my opening, despite living in BBB a huge problem with narcotics, moonshine,meth and so on. Anyone who wants to talk me are people who know someone or no of someone that has had their life destroyed, most of that being done by legal "DRUGS". The only reason it is not legal because they can not control it, anyone can dig a hole and drop beans in it. They will get something out of it, Alcohol is a different I can't make it wouldn't have a clue where to start. Point is its more controllable than weed.

Sorry, first post and I babble.

18. Its legal in my state. They want to ban it in some towns and that is fine but they should ban cigarettes and alcohol at the same time.

Cigarettes and alcohol are both dangerous and addictive drugs. Dont be afraid to say just that.

19. #19 Cobra Commander, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    "But dude they are legal, our trusted government allows them, that makes them completely safe and harmless"... :laughing:

^Obvious sarcasm for any missing.

Another thing about cities banning pot sales and production in a legal state then they better not get any of the pot tax revenue from the rest of the state.

I do think legalization will come about for the country after they have proof that milking it as a cash cow works.