how to deal with your ex getting a new significant other

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by tootz, Jun 16, 2012.

1. This is my first thread so forgive me if this isn't thread worthy. I have recently moved away from Virginia where i met my gf to colorado. It was completely my choice. My ex and I were still really close we skyped and talked daily. Now, fast foward to today she skyped me and told me she had a new bf but still wants to be friends and continue to skype. She even told this new guy the only way she will date him is if he lets her talk talk to me.

I really just don't know how to feel right now she was my first serious GF we dated for four years I want to still be friends but I don't know if I can.

So I come here asking my fellow cannabis enthusiast's have any of you had a successful time being friends with your ex did it tear you up inside and did you ever get back together with them?

I feel like she is just doing this because she is lonely but now im just rambling....

2. id just find a new fish in the sea wo, no need to get hung up on one ya know dont let her fuck over your mind about her having a new man too many out there to be worried about 1 even though you knew her for years if she doesnt want to be with you it is what it is id just find a new broad dont trip over one.. best of wishes for you man:smoke:

3. I wouldn't if I were you, sounds like it's just going to tear you up inside every time you talk to her. Better to move on, and cut off all contact. You will never get over her if you continue to Skype. When your ready (because it's going to take a while to get over her), get back out there and meet someone new.

Since this was your first girlfriend it'll be that much harder for you to get over, but stay strong blade. There's plenty of fish in the sea.

4. yeah jizzled i hear yah. I don't think I can do it. its going to take alot of willpower not to give in when she text me or tries to contact me.

I just wish it was easier to get over Im even headed to the dispensary tommorow and I cant even pay attention to the dispesary menu to figure out what i want usually I have a half chubby when i look at the dispensary menu. :(

5. bro, in my honest opinion, based from personal experience, i would not continue to talk to her, especially one skype, maybe the odd email or text, but not something where you can hear her voice or see her face
    its only going to bring pain and memories, which are going to make you dwell and stir on this situation
    the best method of healing and moving on is to just let go, heal by doing things with friends and things for yourself, and meet someone new, weather it be for a new friend or a new relationship
    you may want to hold on, but for the better of you, dont
    let go man, its hard, i know, but its in your best interest