Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to deal with withdrawal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Evil Thing, Jan 19, 2017.

1. so I haven't been using bud long. Started in October with friends, now I have a few pieces and I buy pretty regularly and always have about a half in my stash. Thing is, I think I've been hitting it too hard and I need to slow down. I recently came back from winter break, and since it was break, I smoked away. Easily went through 5 grams a week, for 4 weeks. Well, over break I started having stomach problems. A little bit of vomiting, Naseau, extreme loss of appetite. I figured it was something I ate, but it happened twice over break, each time lasting about a week. Now I'm back in school and I'm back down to about .2-.4 a day through vaping and smoking, mainly so I can sleep at night and so I'm not angry throughout the day (I have insomnia and anger issues, makes weed a miracle plant for me). Well since I started smoking less, I'm much more jittery and anxious through the day, along with an even greater loss of appetite and some naseua. Not to mention a ton of trouble sleeping. I want to break for a week or so, but how can I make it easier for me so I'm not miserable the entire week

2. Do you think smoking more is why you're getting sick or do you think it's because of a bug that was going around? If it helps, why do you want to cut down? If you're continuing to have insomnia, loss of appetite, and nausea, I would think smoking would help? Maybe you have something else going on? If this continues, go to a Dr., especially if it worsens. I know of a shit load of people (including myself) that got food poisoning over the holidays. My gf got sick twice in one week.

I have some pretty jacked up digestive issues myself and idk what I would do if I couldn't smoke. If I don't have it, it's very difficult for me to eat.

Maybe just smoke enough each time to where you feel high, instead of smoking until you're fucked up lol ^^ 2c

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think that you need to deal with the underlying medical and mental health issues. This doesn't help you in the short term but if you focus on the problem instead of easing the symptoms, you'll be much better off in the long run.

In short, go see a doctor and a therapist.

• Like Like x 6
  4. As a college student I don't really have the funds for private licensed doctor or shrink, and I wouldn't feel comfortable telling a campus sanctioned doctor or therapist that I'm smoking. I already know I have other mental health and medical issues, but I'm pretty certain this is marijuana related.

5. Smoking more was why I think I got sick over break, and smoking less is why I'm sick now. I definitely need to cut down because of budget, tolerance, and just so I'm not relying on it every day. All of the symptoms I'm having are included in both marijuana withdrawal, and cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, which is something you can get if you smoke too much weed. Jumping from about a gram a week to 5 grams a week for 4 weeks was probably too big a jump for my body. I'm going to try to go dry for a week aside from .10 doses of indica for sleep if I'm having a lot of trouble at night. Will have to see how it goes and if I get better or worse.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Let me get this straight....

You have money to smoke everyday, but you don't have funds to see a doctor?

Get your priorities in line son.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Medical professionals whether on campus or private cannot violate your right to privacy. I agree with A guy, you need to deal with your issues and sooner rather than later. Why are you taking a break? You may just have to deal with the side effects of not using if you want a break and refuse medical help. My understanding of cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome is that you cannot smoke/use marijuana at all to avoid symptoms.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Because 6$ a gram on average is expensive, right?

9. I'm breaking not only to see how I am affected by little to no cannabis, and I have a tolerance that is higher than trumps wall right now

10. If they can't disclose info like that then I'll consider it. Campus Doctor and shrinks will take about a week or 2 for an appointment, so I'm still in the same boat though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. No, they cannot violate your privacy unless they feel you're a danger to self and/or others. If withdrawal makes you suicidal or homicidal keep it to yourself. Best of luck, mate.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Definitely nothing as extreme as that. Just a loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping. I still love life and am a very happy guy. Appreciate the care man

13. Also, aren't you insured? I thought most people were now with the new ACA rules. You're either insured or pay a penalty or have some waiver that I don't know about.

14. Wouldn't know the first thing about insurance. I know I have medical insurance, didn't think it covered checkups though

15. Go to bubbler water pipes forum. I had a post in there havent got a single damn reply

16. Dude, call a doctor's office...tell them your situation and your insurance info and they'll tell you what is covered and what isn't along with your deductible. Your situation is exactly why you have insurance. Use it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. give it time then

18. Surprisingly it's not something covered in school, and I never had a reason to ask about it

19. Check your bad attitude at the door man.

20. Then go to the seasoned toker forum if you want to be among more experienced posts.