How to deal with the dealer?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TheOldReliable, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Alright so things have been great and dandy with this person, but I got a situation for you.

So I usually pay 175 a half, and I thought hey it's the holidays maybe I'll pick up an Ounce this time around. I ask him how much and it is exactly twice as much as 175, so 350.

I find it strange since it is not cheaper to buy more, usually the higher you go the cheaper the deal gets you know.....

Ask him about it and he starts talking about how I'm already getting a great deal compared to others...blah blah blah.

So my question is, would you just keep buying the halves for 175 since your not getting a deal? :)

2. If you don't think your getting a deal, tell him. Tell him what you told us here.

Also, if you don't like his final response and he won't lower it even more, tell him its okay and you'll just by the half O. Trust your gut, go with what you feel.

3. Yes, unless it takes you alot of gas to pick up.

4. Just buy the half or go somewhere that has deals!

5. I get half O's for 90

6. 350 is too much, Ive seen some stuff go for 300 an O but id never pay those prices. I pick up in bulk though.

7. thanks for the advice.

And for the people that came to tell me the prices they pay..... Some people don't live on the west coast or up in Canada. Could you believe it? :)

8. good for you player.

9. Buy the half if its the same price, especially if he's not too far.

No point of dealing with the extra risk of buying it, storing it, etc, if you're not getting a discount. Plus, the next time you go, he might get something else, so for the same price, you'll have 2 different strains.

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ]Slow Clap - YouTube[/ame]

11. diz ***** so koo

12. I actually feel like thats pretty standard. I think an eighth to a quarter, it all doubles up, price and weight. Then the savings start on a half o, but then the half doubles up to a whole, and you don't see big price breaks again until you're flirting with a qp or so.

...or at least that how it is around here

13. Around me 350 is the going rate, So if your getting anything less your getting a deal. We both know hes making something off the 175 or 350. Unless hes not getting it for price, which falls back on him. If youve been going through him enough, you kinda built a repore so try and "hustle" it down to 20 bucks now maybe 50 in the future..

14. holy shit 350 for an ounce?? I would just rather grow it for that price. and u should be getting a better deal for an ounce if u buy two halfs.

15. You are not compelled to do as the dealer says.

But at the same time, if he cuts you a deal it shows weakness. He's trying to make money too. Usually if you aren't slangin, you aren't getting any great deals.

Try and negotiate prices, don't ask him ''why this, why that.'' That will do nothing.

16. 350 is pretty standard here. Sometimes when I'm chillin with my dealer/friend other customers will come through and everyone gets quoted a different price.

Kid who is always short like $10-20 when he comes by to purchase----Usually pays 65 an 8th....reason "because he never actually has the right amount...gotta tax him to make sure he knows"

Kid that brings a pack of swishers, twists one for everyone to smoke, and gives the rest to my friend---Pays 50-55 depending on the quality.

Maybe this guy thinks that you're buying for someone else and doesn't want to give you the chance to make money off him?:confused:

17. if your dealer was more business minded he would have already recognized your spending habits and offered to shoot u the zip with a pr break...

18. dealers are just people to

19. One guy I know will not give really any deals. If you want 1/8th, 1/4, 1/2 or whole. You don't save anything unless you want to buy QP. He's pretty much a middle man now since my old guy put him on to do most of the work.

Otherwise I can pretty much get similar deals. No significant savings for getting a whole over a half, maybe a few dollars but it seems he's already giving you the best price on half that he can. A whole is just 2 halves so if he's already giving the best deal on half then there's not much else he can do for you. Maybe a QP he'll see as fast money and take less overall profit if you're going to get rid of it quick or something. An ounce really isn't all that big over a half either. I would maybe just buy a half though so the bud don't dry out or anything like that. I like to buy more just to have it and so I don't gotta be bothered though.

20. Wouldn't he be trying to make the most he could if he was business minded?

A dealer(my buddy is his middle man) that some kids at Pitt go to ONLY sells grams because he makes a fortune off kids looking for 1 or 2 grams. $20 for 1 and $40 for 2

$560 made on OZs he bought for 350.... 210 net profit. Now that right there is "business minded"