Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to deal with anxiety?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CHED, Nov 27, 2013.

1. If you find yourself really anxious while stoned, how do people beat it? any tips?

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    listen to some relaxing music, go for a walk, take a nap

smoke less

3. I've found that it seems to help to smoke more often alone, so I can learn to control the high. Makes me less anxious smoking with other people. Also watch out for sativa strains because they are known to cause anxiety or paranoia more so than indica strains.

4. #4 Weedity, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    It's all in your head, you need to keep your thoughts calm to keep yourself calm. If you start thinking and getting paranoid, your anxiety is going to get worse.

That seemed to be my problem when getting stoned, I would start thinking too deeply I would feel a slight pain and think I might be having a heart attack. Ya know, stuff like that. 

Learn to keep your thoughts okay, learn to be able to take control of your mind when you get anxious, tell yourself to relax. It's really just all on you training yourself to overcome it. 

Smoke in a relaxing atmosphere, maybe not with a crowd. Have some nice music on, talk to a buddy or whatever and just stay calm. Enjoy your high. 

Oh, I also find if it's that bad that pacing around and keep moving around seems to help relax me over time. 

5. i take a deep breath and repeat and do a reality check

6. I kust eat something cause it gets my mind off what caused the paranoia. If that doesnt work then i just throw on some music or write some lyrics which usually does the trick.

7. Yeah, i mostly smoke spliffs, and usually the full spliff in one go each time. Its hard to know my limits, im off out to go shopping with my GF (not the best of things to do) but im hoping being out today will help as i am smoking sativa. Problem is being in the UK most of the time you wont know what strain your smoking.

8. Take a few deep, cleansing breaths. I mean deep..the type of breath you feel throughout your entire being.
    Hot drinks work well and so does beer for that matter :) hehe

Try not over thinking . Don't over think over thinking either. Try to be present and in the moment, just chill and kick back

9. Ole Smokey said he saw an energy drink called Tweaker. That might calm your nerves a bit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Just stay relaxed and don't let your mind take over. If it gets too bad try and get some fresh air, take deep breaths, and try and do something to get your mind off it. I like to just go on my phone when I'm getting anxious.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum