Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to cut a hole in glass?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gman7104, Jul 25, 2009.

1. I want to make a decent glass bong that is near store bought quality (minus tape or glue) So I found a nice vase with a big bottom yet skinny neck that's perfect, but I need to cut a hole in the glass to put the glass tube in. anyone know how to make a hole in glass without badly cracking the glass or any other undesired things like that?

P.S: I can't get a diamond/glass drill bit :/

2. i think you need a specialized drill bit.

3. I know but I can't get one, where I live it takes a long time to find a hardware store and I don't have a car for awile.

4. Sorry bud, but a diamond drill bit is your best bet to get a hole in class without breaking the glass, especially since it is more then likely thin glass. You are better off getting a glass Sobe bottle, because you can making yourself a waterfall bong and wont have to worry about cutting a hole in it (because the bottles are so thick and the type of glass they make it out of, you can break the corner you need)

5. the internet is your friend. i guarantee you that there is somewhere online that sells them. even if you don't have a credit card, you can pay by cheque or money order. still might be cheaper to buy a cheap glass bong.

6. I think his problem is that he is looking for a quick solution tonight.

7. Its not going to happen without a glass bit...

8. Not really, just a solution that costs little to no money. Otherwise I could just go to a headshop and buy a nice bong.

P.S: yes I can afford it, but then i'd buy it and repeat to myself "I could've bought weed"

9. you have a head shop closer than a hardware store? how are you going to go to a head shop without a car.

10. it's not the biggest deal in the world if you go without bud for a while. i got my first bong when i was 15. i forget how much i spent, but i spent all the weed money i had for that week just so i could get a real bong. i spent the whole week without bud, but it didn't matter.

11. Blowtorch Time!!!

12. I was thinking of using a blowtorch, but how? I mean, if I could find a way to heat up the section i want to the point of breaking if submerged in water, it would work, but I don't see how.

13. Ive never had luck with using torches on glass... you cant go to wally world and get a cheap dremel and some tungsten tips or diamond tips? Only like 25 all together..

14. #14 lewis1, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
    Yea I just stopped at a local Menards and picked up a drill bit for like $11.00 or $12.00. It will be called a glass or tile drill bit and its flat like a spade. Also fill it with sand to prevent breakage.

15. buy a real bong. chances are you're going to buy something for the downstem (or else its going to be toxic). there's no way to cut a hole into glass without a diamond drill bit, which is something you'd have to buy. shell out the $30 for one of those options and take a tolerance break - it will get you major fucked up from your first bong hit and you will feel like you deserve it after a week of no weed.

16. a test tube will work fine for the downstem ;) It isn't my first bong, I sold last one for a good price because the perculator broke and my friend didn't care, and I feel like rigging a new one up. I REALLY don't want to buy a bong when I can make a nice one, if I could just put a hole in the damn glass :/

17. As far as I know, you need special drill bits that will probably run you as much as a cheap bong so you aren't really saving any money by making your own. Just get a ride to the hardware store or order some bits online. If money isn't an issue you could even get overnight shipping.

18. Theres a couple ways ive done it before, one time a hammer and nail other is getting a marble and shaking it until it pops out of the glass with a perfect hole.
    Goodluck :smoking:

19. I'll probably try the hammer and nail. I know the marble works but I need to make the hole in a certain spot.

20. Wtf? Shenanigans.