How to cure curling leaves?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jne_Uwambe, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Ok so I've been over watering my plant and I didn't find out that my leaves were curling because of over watering until two days ago. So now all my leaves are curling and it looks bad.

I don't know what strain or whether it is sativa or not, but is there any way to reverse the curling, or am I screwed to have curled looking leaves until I harvest it?

Here's a picture if it helps any.
    [​IMG]

2. Many factors can affect the 'curling' you see. Have you maintained a constant pH level? How often are you watering?

3. I think it's all organic. I just put in some potting soil, planted 6 seeds altogether in a pile, then plucked out all but one. Then I just let it grow concealed under a small table next to a window sill for about 4 and a half months.

Now I have 2 2700k CFLs on either side of the plant in my closet from 7:30 am - about 2 pm, and then it gets regular window sunlight for about 5 hrs., then at 7:30 pm it goes in darkness.

Is watering it 3 times a week too much for a 1ft tall plant?

4. what you're seeing is the dreaded, "claw." in my experience, it's usually something that happens mostly with sativa dominate strains. it usually (imo) is associated with nitrogen toxicity or ph issues. once it sets in, it's very difficult, if not impossible, to correct the afflicted leaves. if it were an over watering issue, the leaves would droop, much like what they look like when they're under watered.

5. how big is it after 4& half months? looks kinda small for that long (im not expert by all means lol), my month old plant is tripple the size, anyway keeps us updated bro hope it does well

6. Nitrogen toxicity? I don't know what that is or how that would happen unless there was a mystical large amount of nitrogen in the watering pale. It could be PH. I never added anything to it other than the soil. I think it's miraclegro. It's the kind of soil that's brown with the white chunks and thin chips of wood n shit like that. What could cause nitrogen toxicity?

@mills 69 it's only 1 ft tall after about 4 and a half months. I planted it sometime in march or early april and was concealed to 1 window sill for most of those months.

7. I'd bet that's your issue unless it's MG organic.

8. When you water, do you feel the pot? If it's heavy, don't water it. It looks a bit like overwatering to me, but I'm not sure.

9. it's probably the ph levels mixed with a bit of overwatering. The smaller newer leaves are curled so much they almost look folded. I guess I can't do anything about it though except watch how much I water it.

Would plastic coated paperclips touching the roots affect it?

10. i have 5 plants flowering now, and one looks just like that. i have them in 3 gallon pots filled with mg organic. the 4 seem to be just fine, but the one looks like that pic. will that effect my yield? is the plant stressed? will it hermie on me?