How to cure a crop of Marijuana + more.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by jcj77d, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Forgott.that i read somewhere tht cool aid would also work but dont take my word for it.

2. why is everyone saying your ruining the taste id think someone would have said this by now i only thought of enhancing the taste adding vanilla extract to vanilla kush the lemon extract to lemon ______ use the same additive as the natural strain flavor to make it very strong would this work? i assume it would but have no idea lol

this is only exaggerating the natural flavors i think im gonna do a nyc diesel and add some diesel fuel? thoughts? haha but not really thatd be fucking stupid like the idiot who put fruity pebbles in the jar but it seems logical thatd extractd work esp in a hydro system

3. JCJ77D is no longer with us and this thread should be closed out of respect. Or you will get disrespect like this in here:

4. #104 bizie, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    I thought I read flavors were scientifically proven not to be absorbed through the root structure..? I mean I would theorize it would work since they can change flower colors by feeding them food coloring. I have never tried since my natural flavors always make my mouth water just the way nature gives them to me. I have stored in what I thought to be a clean candle jar and the bud tasted just like that, I had to throw it out it was gross. Here's what I rounded up...

How can I create flavored marijuana? | Grow Weed Easy

Text

Hold on hold on...Does this look familiar? Who did the copy and pasting?
    Marijuana-Marihuana | Mr. Greens Grow Video | Growing Tips | Curing Marihuana | Have, Want, Harvest,

5. Anyone recommend a good jewelers loupe and magnification # so I'll be able to see the trichomes change to amber color?

6. Get ya any 10x's and it should be fine. If you are truly wanting amber trichomes then that is cool but it's only one of many ways to tell when a plant is ready.

7. What are the things to watch for? After a couple yrs of bag seed I got some northern light. I only have one about 10 weeks of flower. Before I would harvest at 10-12 weeks. I'm growing well enough but want to advance to the next step, which to me is the best time to harvest and curing process any hope for me?

8. Well that is all preference. I do not use the trichomes as an indicator and just look at the plant as a whole. But when I did use the trichomes I would just want to see majority cloudy with some amber.

The rest will turn amber with your cure over time and the terpens will change in cure etc...

I rarely flower past 8 weeks and 10 is most.

9. Has anyone used an airtight box and sillica gel before??

Im completely new to this but it seems like a good idea to combat mould growth as our house is damp as feck to be honest!

I was thinking to just nip to an art and craft store and buy a big bag of it that is rechargable...

Has anyone tried this?

10. #110 pointswest, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013

The whole purpose of drying and curing is to dry slowly, silica packs would speed up drying and make the smoke harsher and more grass-like.

PW.

edit: ff, The Bausch and Lomb Hastings triplet loupe is a good one. Powers from 10X and up are adequate for viewing trichomes.

http://www.seeitbigger.com/Bausch_Lomb_Hastings_Triplet_Magnifier_10x_p/bdl-816171.htm

http://www.loupe-magnifier.com/hastings-triplet-loupe.htm

https://www.amazon.com/Bausch-Lomb-Hastings-Triplet-Magnifier/product-reviews/B0007LRNG6

https://www.thefind.com/beauty/info-hastings-triplet-loupe#page=2&local=0

HTH

11. What us your definition of too damp for drying? 55% rh and the plant left whole until the stem cracks is the best way imo. Too low of rh and you will need to juggle the bud (sweat it) to keep the dry slow and even.

12. I had the idea a while back, we used some sillica gel to dry mushrooms and it worked really well so was wondering if its the same with ganja or if there is a strict set of rules!

This house is pretty ridiculous, its an end terrace so the damp creeps in from the external walls on half of the house which gives us damp problems on the walls quite often.

Due to this there is most likely a lot of mould spores in the air and it would be more beneficial for me to try cure it elsewhere, would a kitchen cupboard do?

13. Why doesn't it mention anything about curing in glass jars in this thread? After all, that's what curing is. This should not be a sticky

14. I wouldn't completely agree with your position here.. it is a FACT that you can manipulate the color of your buds with food-grade coloring (even kool-aid) near and after harvest. This is not my opinion I have seen it done with grape kool-aid and Purple Kush - exotic looking purple buds. With this in mind, I would imagine the very same capillary action that would distribute food coloring throughout the plant would do the same for flavor enhanced water. Why would it not? One does not need advanced intellectual prowess to put 2 and 2 together, IMHO

Pm

15. Thanks for the curing tips mate :) rep+

16. Flavouring ur weed :eek: ..bad info..Totally not true... :wacko:

17. #118 Ironhead, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    Can anyone answer me to why this thread is a sticky? Bro totally ripped off other sites information and its all wrong anyways. I understand he isn't with us anymore, but is that reason enough to keep this crap stickied for younger more impressionable blades to stumble upon and totally believe? 

Anyone looking to get more flavor out of their bud needs to learn how to grow better weed instead of dumping stupid shit on their plants. :rolleyes:

There are loads of dry/cure threads out there.. just don't see why we want this one spilling all this false information into our water source. :confused_2:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. So I was taught to let the branches hang in a dark cool air area with decent ventilation for about a week or so until you are able to snap a beach on each one. Then with a small box. Place newspaper clipping and the then manicured buds for a few more days. The finally Jared for 2 weeks with the daily open and circulation. Am I totally off? Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

19. [quote name="stewiespliff" post="19149666" timestamp="1386880416"]So I was taught to let the branches hang in a dark cool air area with decent ventilation for about a week or so until you are able to snap a beach on each one. Then with a small box. Place newspaper clipping and the then manicured buds for a few more days. The finally Jared for 2 weeks with the daily open and circulation. Am I totally off? Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk[/quote]*Edit.... SNAP A BRANCH *Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk