How to cover up the smell?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by captain_crook, May 12, 2009.

1. Hey all! So i just ordered some seeds from mj-seeds.nl and they came today. I just started them germinating a few minutes ago but while i was doing that i had a thought. Will the smell of the plants be noticeable if growing outdoors? I plan to grow them off to the side of my yard, out of the way where nobody goes so im not worried about anyone seeing the plants but I am just now beginning to worry about smell. If the smell is noticeable when grown outdoors is there an easy way to cover it up? Thanks all!

2. i just grew bagseed, but the smell was strong and heavenly. If you are in the burbs like me you might want to do something about it. Dont know what tho.

-B

3. ditto on the heavenly smell. On a still, humid morning in late August when the buds are getting fat you can smell it over a block away.

4. try growing strong smelling plants with them something like lavender and smelly shit like that, i heard that helps, don't hold me to it tho just throwing it out there.

5. buy soap on a rope and hang it from a near by tree. it covers smell and rids of pests

6. Just like one regular bar of soap? That sounds too good to be true!

7. #7 jones, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
  8. it is true, every time it rains.moisture releases the smell. animals see it as un natural and as the days drys up the soapy smell will not be so strong. make sure that it is goats milk soap for a more natural aroma otherwise people will identify the smell and may explore. three or four bars will be fine, enjoy, i do this every year and lots of people are constantly near my baby's and dont even know it.

9. Although it attracts rats because soap contains fat which the rats will eat.

10. Thanks for all the tips everyone. I will probably try the soap thing. I have another question though. When planting outside can you just dig up the soil a bit to soften it up and what not and then just put the germinated seed right in? I poured some store bought soil on top of the area i dug up...is that sufficient?