How to cover up a Carb Hole?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Psy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Hi all!

Have just got a WeedStar Mr Li bong, but it has a rush hole in it, and in a very awkward position too. I was wondering if anyone would know a way to plug it up so that I could still wash it out BUT also have it look as though there wasn't ever a carb hole.

I was thinking of putting cling film over the hole, taping right round the area and design some sort of pattern to draw onto the tape, but that'd make it a nightmare to wash as I'd probably lose the tape to any alcohol while cleaning.

Any ideas welcome, otherwise the lovely chopped down wine cork that's in atm will have to do :rolleyes:

2. That shit never works.
    Use an eraser. If you only have an odd shaped one, take a blade/knife with a razon edge and cut it into a cone shaped plug so that one end gets smaller like a taper kind of.
    I need to cover the joint hole in my tubes when soaking to clean, so i recently found some old erasers that were big enough. It takes around a half hour to cut each one into the right size depending on what type of tool your workin with.

3. Thanks, have got a rubber cork in right now, does job, just wonder if anyone could think up a replacement

4. How about sealing wax? I don't think it'd adhere to the glass very well, but if you put some kind of base (or if you scuffed up the glass around the hole a bit), it should hold fine...lots of cool colors, and you can make awesome shapes in it, too.

5. That's actually a great idea. You could simply use the wax to plug the hole or you could expand on that and actually make a sculpture with the wax. Sort of an addition to your already beautiful piece. It could be a great way to personalize your piece.

6. i've heard of glueing marbles, that might look good.

7. that wax idea is legit. you couldnt even notice it i bet

8. Go to a hardware store and pick up some clear silicone. Fill the hole and razor off any excess once dried.

9. clear tape

10. Has a nasty habit of not being airtight and coming off of non-porous surfaces near-instantly.

11. Wouldn't look like there wasn't a carb, but G-Spot makes some carb plugs that word real well.