Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to correctly scrape resin?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tokinsince2012, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Okay so due to my tight budget this month I've had to resort to scraping resin from my pieces to smoke... I know it's bad for you. I know it's gross. And I know it's desperate. Sorry but... I don't want to hear it. I want to keep this topic strictly on how one would go about scraping resin from a piece such as:
    - one hitter
    - glass spoon pipe
    - bubbler (my most difficult)
    - ash catcher (my second most difficult lolz)

- What's the best scraping tool I can use?
    - What's the best way to actually collect and store the resin without it sticking on my fingers or getting stuck to the actual scraping tool itself?
    - How do I roll the resin into a ball so I can smoke it without it just falling through the hole?
    - What do you think is the minimum amount of resin needed to get a daily smoker high?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to the forum and I feel like I could use this to my advantage. I'm just having way more trouble with this than I should be having lol.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks  :smoke:

2. I wish I could send you some weed man. Resin is bad for you

3. I usually just scrape with paper clips through the carb. To fix the falling though problem.. I use tin foil in the bowl and poke holes in it with a small needle or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Lol what a troll. ^

I'd do just like what stonerchick_95 said; paperclip through the choke hole (on the pipe at least), and then if you don't already have a screen to place the resin in I would also poke holes through the tin foil and use that so that the resin/left over weed doesn't fall through the hole. 

IF you're really SOL like I am at the moment, paper works just as well as a sort of screen to stop any little bits of resin from falling through. Yes, it does burn when you light up but at least helps with you actually getting some sort of buzz from the resin. 

As for how much you should smoke to get an appropriate high, it really is all going to come down to your tolerance and how often you smoke, etc. Myself, I'm capable of smoking less than half a bowl of resin and can get a decent buzz/light high from it that lasts me a solid 40 minutes or so. It's not ideal, don't get me wrong about that, but it's at least something until I can go grab this upcoming weekend. 

5. #5 GanjaJoe96, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
    First give it a quick rinse with iso and you can scrape it easily with paperclips. bend down about 1/16" 90 degrees down on the paper clips. This will act as a little tooth to scrape off the resin. Bend the paper clip in different ways to get around the pieces. Try those wing shaped paperclips. If you have a light film just try to maneuver the resin into a ball that you can scoop out. If its thick, try to get a big chunk hooked on the paper clip. If a swiss army knife will fit its the perfect thing to scrape slides and downstems with. Be careful with thin glass, and don't count me liable if you break anything. Edit: I think resin is like 2x strength the bud by volume, I used to rip like .3 bowls of resin, you'd get soooo many hits.

6. I feel for you.  I am frequently low on cash.. which usually also means I am low on weed. In my experience (if you have one lying around) guitar strings are by FAR the most effective tool for gettting  every last nug. Depending on the shape of the pipe , I can usually get more than enough resin to curb the urge by inserting one end into the carb  to scrape the bottom of the bowl, and then try to push the other side out through the mouth piece. ​
    Hope it gets the job done.​
    -L.Town​

7. #7 CherrySmoke, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    Personally, I always just soak my pieces in isopropyl alcohol for an hour or two then dump the dirty alcohol onto a plate, collect it with a razor blade once the alcohol evaporates.

8. Straightened out bobby pins is what I use, sometimes it helps to hook the end a little. They are flat and it picks up the resin better than paper clips IMO.

9. I used to use paper clips and my knife but resin is pretty awful. I'd rather just wait for some nice green buds

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Resin taste like straight ass but it will do. I don't smoke it anymore since I don't use pipes as much and resin from a bongs even nastier but when I did the best way to scrape it was using the paper clip thing some other blade up there said. Bend it and then blow warm air with your mouth into the piece. This makes the inside foggy and sorta wet causing the res to just slide of the glass and onto the paper clip easy

11. If u have any vapes u can scrape the vape go on dab that

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Oh really? But you are taking in resin every time you smoke flower. GTFO

13. A safety pin and a whole lot of patience

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. This will probably get some hate but W/E. If you want to sacrifice a bit of the resin for a more pure product follow this method.

1. Obtain the highest purity Isopropyl Alcohol you can. (at least 91% preferably)

2. Pour it into your dirty pieces. Not too much, try to use the least you can.

3. Swish dat shit around.

4. Once most of the resin is cleaned from the sides, pour it into a cake pan.

5. Wait until it evaporates, a fan speeds up this process x 4 IME.

6. Take a razor blade, scrape up the residue and voila! Your own dirty bong resin oil!

I have only done this once, and tried 1 or 2 hits of it. It was much more like a weed high than what resin usually gives me. Although, it was far from hash oil.

Tips - For an extra boost, clean the container you store your buds with isopropyl in and dump that into the cake pan as well.
    More surface area on the cake pan = faster evaporation time.
    This method could be especially appealing to people with pieces that are difficult to clean without chemicals. 

Warning - Isopropyl alcohol is extremely flammable, keep any flames AWAY.

15. More like a paper clip, with less patience.

16. heres the best way. get a little ziplock. fill it up with iso nd salt. put ur pipe in there let it sit for 5 mins then start shaking it till its spotless. empt ythe bag into the toilet nd throw the bag away. now u have a spotless pipe....nd at the end never think about smoking that nast shit again

17. How would one do that, my whip is coated in honey from never being cleaned.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum