How to cool tent in closet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by the123321, Jun 3, 2020.

1. I have a 32x32 tent in the closet with a 240 kingbrite led quantum board with 6" fan with filter for exhaust out of top of tent into closet with air pointing at the led driver to keep it cool. The intake vents are on the right and back of tent with only like 1-2 inches between tent and wall. The temperature outside tent is like 71f and inside the tent is like 79f and I want that down to like 73f in the tent.

There are no intake vents on front of tent and not enough room to run duct to sides or back of tent. I can leave an opening in zipper on front of tent with intake duct with a fan to run air from the room to tent. What do you think of that? I have an extra 6" clip on fan like this 1.

I do not think that would move enough air to keep the temperature cool in the tent if I point that at the intake duct.

Would that duct fan be more powerful than the 6 inch clip on fan? I would likely close the intake vents on back and side of tent and only have the duct in the opening in front zipper as the only intake vent to keep negative pressure in tent for odor control on it. I have thought about running the duct from the exhaust up and out of the closet to the room the closet is in but I like the idea of having that air from the exhaust to cool the led driver. What do you think. What would you recommend?

2. Higher temps are preferred for LEDs without IR. I believe up to 84º is acceptable.

3. Your pics didnt load? So you have tent inside a closet... do you have a roof vent in the tent and perhaps you could cut an exit port through the closet?... Maybe you could grow more efficiently by removing the tent from the closet and just having it in a room and cutting a circular hole in the closet or if it's doored room closet, above the door... guy got away with a hole like that in a rental but make it look good( cover plate or plate with holes for air exhange.) Perhaps stapling the closet with panda film could be an option, tho more damage.

a duct fan inside a acoustic exhaust tube can work with leds especially(my guess), more prefferred would be to have silent exhaust fan/blower with variac for noise control.

4. Thanks. The plants looked like they had heat problems when it was over 80f in the tent. I want to keep the tent in the closet. Do you think the 4" 100cfm duct fan would work for the intake on there?

5. 79 is only 26*c. That's sweet mate. Is it giving you any dramas?

6. Thanks. I have the light only like 70% now. If I turn it up the temperature is up. When the tent went to like 81f the plants looked like it had problems from the heat on there. I thought for vpd with like 50% rh you would want the temperature like 73-75f on there.

7. 78-80 f is great for me and my led grow. Maybe the heat is to much because your humidity could be more like 60-65 if I’m not mistaken. My plants grow fast when humidity is high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks. It has plants in flowering that I want the humidity low to lower the risk of mold on there.

9. Little standalone units like that should lower your humidity enough to control temps within the tent. Now exhausting into the closet isn’t ideal. Are you hiding this from the people you live with?

Because if you aren’t you should be able to vent from the closet into the ceiling. That would keep temps in the closet waaay more stable and would prevent your system from “breathing its own exhaust”

10. Thanks. I do not want to cut holes for it in the ceiling or wall. I think I may lower the temperature of the room to 70f to lower the temperature in the tent to what I want it on there.

• Like Like x 1