how to cool my room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Wocka, Mar 4, 2012.

1. i would appreciate any ideas on how to cool my room. yesterday my room temp was 83 and my box temp was 90's.

i was thinking if i could some how cool my room down to maybe 78 i could get my box down cooler. i cant get a ac unit on my window cuz my dad says the electricity will be too much.

i was thinking maybe they make smaller ac units or some sort of fan? or maybe some home made idear. what do you guys do? run the ac all day and cool the whole house?

2. theres no cheap way for this one....get a little window unit or deal with the heat.

3. Give us a little more information on your setup (lights,medium,grow area dimensions)
    andwe can help better right off the top of my head try looking up swamp coolers(Evaporative Air Cooler)

4. what kinda of ventilation do you have setup?

5. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwplxoJSDw"]DIY: Make your own Air Conditioner - YouTube[/ame]

6. my dimensions on the box are 2ft high 2.25 ft long 1.5ft deep. i have 2 lights so far, i had 3 but was too hot, so now im running 2 lights, both 65w each. flourescents. i have a 120mm intake computer fan and a 140mm exhaust fan.

i think im gonna run to the store and set up another PC fan to be blowing across the lights towards the exhaust fan.

7. Try using your 120mm fan to blow across your lights towards the exhaust. see if this helps drop your temps any.
    You want to have a passive intake.

8. wow that diy ac fan thing looks pretty neat and thats probly the best idea i should use, and practical! what about the water going bad in the cooler? maybe add a cup full of bleach to the water to stop it from molding?

9. floresents are tricky because the ballast is built into the unit and that can cause heat issues. The bulbs dont put off much heat but if you could either vent the top (non bulb side) of the socket thing (not sure what to call it but the unit that holds the light bulbs and has the ballst in it) by drilling some holes in it so the hot air would go up instead of lingering around the lights.

Also you can remove the ballast and extend some wires so you can run it out side of your box wich should help with the heat too.

10. More fans!!

11. what's the night time temp outside where you live? If its cool enough place a box fan in your open window at night and close and blockout the sunlight during the daytime to help keep it cooler.

12. If you live in a dry environment (I.E south west of the US you can use a window mounted swamp cooler. It uses about 25% of the energy of a AC. You just have to be careful of humidity.

13. im gonna try the extra fan trick and put up one of those ac fans :D