Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to conserve weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NewSmokr, Aug 15, 2012.

1. I use a 1:1 ratio, so 1gram of abv for 1 oz of oil. I used to use olive oil, but for my last batch I used grapeseed oil.

2. Get Raw papers, the really small ones. 1 1/2, I think. They're really small joints. You can use about .3 in each joint. If you're not high at the end of it (I usually am), roll another one. I swear, I have a bag full of roaches and off of an eighth I had like 15 joints. That's 15 highs.

Also, only smoke once a day, and take a break if you have something to do that day. That way, you'll get higher off less and it'll last more since you are waiting.

3. I'd buy a small spoon, or a 1 hooter. They are the shit for saving weed

4. Don't roll as much. Joints and blunts take a lot of bud. Try and invest in a pipe. Gravity bong, as mentioned, is another very good, simple way to conserve.

5. Here is the absolute best response. Are you ready? Get a piece.

The least efficient way of smoking is through Joints and Blunts. Your weed is constantly burning, and roughly 10-25% of the smoke from the whole joint or blunt is lost to the air. Obviously that varies based on how hard you're slamming down a joint, but in general, especially with friends in a rotation, it's a huge waste.

Go to any gas station, head shop, etc. and pick yourself up a decent sized, cheap bowl. I've seen totally decent pipes go as low as $5 in a gas station. Even getting a crappy little pipe like that, you'll save money on papers, and weed. When you pack a bowl, especially with grinded tree, you can control exactly how much is burnt, and a drastically less amount of smoke is lost in the air.

I have a high quality bong for my daily driver set up (Itza Circ/13, with Itza Gridded Stemline Ash Catcher) and I get considerably higher, on much less weed than it would take with a joint or blunt, by packing these nice .3g bowls, smoking 2 of them, and getting totally faded.

6. Hit 3 solid bowls from g-bong then done

7. [quote name='"TheSublimeIbis"']Here is the absolute best response. Are you ready? Get a piece.

The least efficient way of smoking is through Joints and Blunts. Your weed is constantly burning, and roughly 10-25% of the smoke from the whole joint or blunt is lost to the air. Obviously that varies based on how hard you're slamming down a joint, but in general, especially with friends in a rotation, it's a huge waste.

Go to any gas station, head shop, etc. and pick yourself up a decent sized, cheap bowl. I've seen totally decent pipes go as low as $5 in a gas station. Even getting a crappy little pipe like that, you'll save money on papers, and weed. When you pack a bowl, especially with grinded tree, you can control exactly how much is burnt, and a drastically less amount of smoke is lost in the air.

I have a high quality bong for my daily driver set up (Itza Circ/13, with Itza Gridded Stemline Ash Catcher) and I get considerably higher, on much less weed than it would take with a joint or blunt, by packing these nice .3g bowls, smoking 2 of them, and getting totally faded.[/quote]

So I've been thinking, if I were to get a pipe, should I get a glass one or a metal one? Which one is cheAper and which one works better? I would get a bong but there's no way of hiding that in my room.

8. Metal is usually cheaper, just gonna have to go without a carb. They are easier to clean though. Personally I think both work fine, but I would rather go glass.

9. [quote name='"autro"']Metal is usually cheaper, just gonna have to go without a carb. They are easier to clean though. Personally I think both work fine, but I would rather go glass.[/quote]

What's a carb? And just wondering, when lighting a pipe, do u light it and inhale at the same time? Or light it for a bit THEN inhale? Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to pieces :S and if u do light it AND inhale at the same time, won't u be smoking lighter fluid?

10. woah woah woah, thats your problem fucking joints! fuck that shit, you need a pipe, you can make a good one of bamboo, an throw a screen in that bitch. thatll solve your problem, smoking a whole joint doent get me near as high as four or five small bowls which is alot less then a joint.

11. The carb is a whole on the side of the bowl that is connected with the bowl, allowing you to control the airflow while inhaling. Usually plugged by your thumb when holding the piece.
    The whole you see on the side is the carb.
    [​IMG]

12. Fuck smoking less, just get a pipe/bong or make your own. Only roll joints if you really have to, they kill your stash.

13. One hitters or a magic flight launch box. Both conserve best for me

14. Gravity bong.
    Grind it well.

15. i could never do that to a joint :eek:

i love them way too much :smoke:

16. Get glass, it is healthiest.

17. Go to a gas station/smoke shop and get a cheap glass pipe for 5-15 dollars depending on the size of the pipe usually. Small pipes work just as good as anything.

18. Take omega 3 supplements like fish oil, they repair the Endocannabinoid receptors, though it usually takes a month of use to notice any change.

19. I'd definitely recommend glass. Metal may be a TINY bit cheaper, but the glass will have a carb, as another user just explained, and won't get BLAZING hot when you're smoking it, like the metal one will. I don't know a single smoker that prefers metal bowls to glass ones, unless they're the kind of person who throws their shit around and doesn't want a glass pipe to break... :mad:. If you get a metal one, I'd think that you wouldn't enjoy smoking out of it as much as joints. With a nice glass bowl, you should conserve a huge amount of weed, and still have an enjoyable experience.

Also, to answer your other question, when smoking a pipe like what we're all talking about, you inhale with the flame near the bowl to ignite the tree, then once it's lit, you take away the flame, while still holding your thumb over the carb and inhaling. This fills the pipe with smoke. Once you've got a sufficiently sized hit, take your thumb off the hole (clear it) and you inhale all the smoke and you're done.

It really is the absolute best way to solve your dilemma.

20. [quote name='"DragonSmoker"']Take omega 3 supplements like fish oil, they repair the Endocannabinoid receptors, though it usually takes a month of use to notice any change.[/quote]

For real?