how to clone better?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LightBringer, Jan 2, 2008.

1. A couple of monthes ago I took some clones, about 50% of them made it, so i figured I go the idea cloning.

However, a week ago I took like 6 cuttings and none of them rooted, the tip is brown and doesnt look like roots will be coming out of it. What causes this? how can I give the clones a better chance?

2. there is a cloning vid on the planthospital link in my sig, in the streaming videos section...keep em humid and warm after ya plant em and all should go well...gl:D.

3. if you didnt already make sure no air gets inside the stem after you cut it'use a rooting compound.take the clone off'then dip it in rooting agent then put in straight in a rockwool then seal the hole.
    i watched a video a few days ago all about cloning if i can find it again i'l post the link unless some1 does before me.

there u go knew it was somewhere...class video m8 go watch it.!

4. use a heat pad, bottom heat makes a huge difference.

What kind of "soil" are you using, it needs to be free draining with not too much peat in it or else the cuttings will rot.

Can you guess what killed them? ..did they rot or dry out or what??

5. I use rockwool cubes.

looks like a rot to me.
    The tip is brown.

If I had to guess I'd say its too cold for them, cause last time I took clones It was summer, and the babies were fine. now its winter so it could be the cold.

6. that could be it, do you use a heatpad?

7. nope no heating pad
    Its a relatively warm country. And the lights are switches to turn on during the night so it provides some heat.

I also had an intake fan that brings in some really cold air, I turned it off.