Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to clean your glass pipe when it gets yellow?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jsmooth23, Jan 8, 2012.

1. So I got this new glass pipe and i love it its smooth and a good hit and its my first glass piece so I'm really happy about it all and i also don't need a screen so its great. The only thing is how do i clean the glass pipe so it turns like glass how i first had it instead of that yellowish color and how do i get all that resin out inside?

2. Try dipping a cotton swab in some isopropyl alcohol and cleaning it with that... 90% and up work great, but 70% works good too.

3. to get the resin out if you want to keep it(not suggested) use a paper clip and if not do what the guy above said and to get the yellow off you can just poor some alcohol in a bag and put your pipe in it then shake it(most of the resin will come off to

4. Put it in a zip lock back with Isopropyl alcohol (you can get it at cvs or something, get the highest proof available) and salt. shake it up a bit and should be good as new. its the only way i've ever cleaned a glass piece and it's always worked like a charm; plus it's extremely easy. hope this helps!

5. #5 WasntMeh, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    This is how i clean all of my pieces with great success.

First rinse the pipe out with warm water.

Next put some table salt in the bowl part and some in through the mouth piece

next fill the pipe with isp alcahol 90% works great and shake the pipe.

poor the used alc into a zip lock and then rinse the pipe again

next put the pipe in the zip lock with the used alc and add some more table salt untill the salt can not absorb into the alc

zip the bag and shake untill clean

rinse out very well with water and let dry

6. Thanks everybody

7. Important to make sure it's 90%+ alcohol, 70% does not work very well.

8. [quote name='"skep"']Important to make sure it's 90%+ alcohol, 70% does not work very well.[/quote]

Although not as strong, 70% still works fine... Used it to get 2 years worth of resin out of my bong and it was crystal clear... But always go for the highest you can find haha.